07.Hour showers

♥Authors note♥, We're finally going into the first season!! Woot woot!! :) I'm such a dork lol hopefully ya like, commentt if ya do. :) But most immportantly . . .

ENJOY!!

(Unedited)

Hopefully I got the characters right! I was just so nervous writing them!!

~ Heather

~~~~~~~~~

No sir, well I don't wanna be the blame, not anymore.

It's your turn, so take a seat we're settling the final score.

And why do we like to hurt so much?

CHAPTER EIGHT: We All Take Hour Showers. . .

"So what cha doing today?" Gemma asked over the phone.

Mom was currently in the shower which always takes an hour. I call them "Hour Showers." It needed a name. Since she just got into the shower it ment an hour, obviously. I decided to call Gem or Grandma. I'm still confused on what to call her. Ive known her for over a week and the name is still undeicded.

"Studying, surprisingly. Tomorrow's a Social Studies test and it makes me nervous because I'm just now studying. I've been to worried about Abel and everyone else, that I didnt even notice the big announcement on the white board. Its been up there for two days."

"Sweetheart, just take a deep breath and do the best you can. That's all everyone can ever ask from someone. You'll do fine." She sounded so confident and it made me wonder how she became that way.

"Thanks, Gem. Its just me, freaking out over a simple test. I still owe you for the clothes and other things."

"Oh, shush! You dont owe me shit and that's the way its going to be. Now, I'll say this one more time; You are family! And family looks out for one another! So quit your scwabbling and be happy I did it for you. But if you feel like you owe me, heres how. . . come to my house for dinner tonight. Everyone will be there. Just you. I want you too meat everyone."

"I- I dont know. I'll have to see if I can." That would be an awkward future conversation. 'Hey mom? Gemma, yeah you know, my dads mom? Well she asked me to come over to her house tonight and i'm the only one going . Can I go?' Yeah I'm sure that will escalte quickly. Her and her third degree. Plus, i'd feel bad about not bringing my mom. I dont want her to be mad at me.

"I normally dont do this and if you repeat this to anyone I will hurt you." She threatened. Which made me smile because I knew she'd never hurt her own family. It was just an empty threat. "Please, come over tonight. It'd mean a lot to your father and I. Than you get to meet your grandpa Clay and your many, many Uncles. Who know all about you from your father."

Hmm, she did basically beg and she doesnt seem like the type to beg. Uncle'(s)? As in plural. How many kids does she have? He's been talking about me? A smile expanded on my face, "Is dad going to be there?"

"Of course. He knows not to miss my dinners."

I chuckled at the image I had in my head. My fathers face filled with fear as she walks towards him angrily. "Alright, I'll see what I can do. What time should I be there?"

"Be here at six and before you ask, no you do not have to bring anything. Just bring yourself and no flashy crap, just normal clothes." I could almost hear the disgust in her voice when she had said 'Flashy.'

"Okay, Grams. I'll be there before six with no flashy clothes just me, myself, and I." I looked at the time and was thankful it was only three in the afternoon.