38. We're Allowed

I would never have thought I would be sitting on Kyle's bed again. It felt right. Almost. Like I could sit here all day and just stare out his bedroom window. Listening too the birds and smelling the floral smell from the flowers that had been planted outside. 

His room was cool from the window being open and not once did I complain about it. My eyes followed his hand movements as he gently swabbed the cotton ball across my cut below my eye. I could still see the anger in his eyes as he added more alcohol too a new ball. He was calm but quiet. I wanted too know what he was thinking, what he was feeling. 

When I had first showed up at his doorstep, he was in shock at the state I was in. He then pulled me inside once he realized it began to drizzle lightly. Kyle had brushed the hair behind my ear and then began too shoot off a bunch of questions I was already mentally prepared for. I rehearsed the story over and over again -It was simple, minor car accident and thankfully Chief Unser was passing by and was doing his patrols and found my grandmother and I. Thankfully, Kyle believed that. 

The anger that was still placed in his eyes had me in a confusion state. What was he so angry about? Me being here? His anger was making me angry. How did that even work? After almost an hour of silence, I decided I would be the one to finally break it. "Where's Viv, tonight?" 

"Out." That was it. No other response, no explanation. He threw the brown cotton balls away and began to pack up his first-aid kit. 

This was complete and utter bullshit. I come here thinking I was going to be okay and instead, he's throwing attitude my way. "Thanks. I'll leave now." I snatched the jacket Unser had lent me and threw it around my shoulders. 

"Please don't."  A silent whisper rushed out of him. It was so soft I thought it had only been the wind. Our eyes met and the anger was gone. 

"Why are you so angry at me?" I was hurt. I didn't want to argue with anyone tonight. I promised that this experience would only make me stronger . .  .not weaker. "What did I do too make you so mad, Kyle?" 

He shook his head and chuckled. "You don't get it do you?" He then tossed the first-aid kit next too me and knelt down in front of me too where we were the same height. "I only have known you for a couple weeks now and somehow -" He stopped himself as and sighed frustratingly. 

I gulped at his actions. Was this good news I was going receive? Truth be told, I did care for him. He was a very honest man who cared deeply for the people he loved - People like his sister and mom. Kyle was cocky and full of himself around his friends but he would always throw a wink towards me and Viv, letting us know he was only joking with them. He was kind hearted and protective. He was Kyle. He was himself. 

He glanced at my eyes and began to flick between the two of them. When he did that, my stomach would always drop because of how intense the look was. It wasn't something I could explain, it was just a look of admiration and . . .adoration? His knee began to bounce and finally, finally he made a move. "Fuck it." 

Kyle drug himself forward and placed his lips upon mine. At first I made no move because of how quick everything escalated but then as he moved his lips against mine, I allowed myself too move. I allowed my arms too wrap around him and I allowed myself to feel these feelings. I put all my emotions into this fiery, passionate kiss. 

He gently pushed me back on his bed as he attacked my neck with feathery kisses. I opened my eyes only too see stars. "W-wait." I was able to gasp out. My head began to swim as he changed his assault above my breast. "Kyle" 

"What?" His hands traveled up and down my hips as he rubbed his thumbs in circular motions on my sides. 

"Y-you didn't answer my question." I moaned as I arched my back into his touch. 

He sighed and pulled himself up to hover above me. "I wasn't mad at you. I honestly don't think I could ever be mad at you." Kyle smiled slightly as he pushed my hair away from my eyes like how he did before. I loved how gentle his touch was, especially when he glided his knuckles across my cheek. "I was mad at the person who hurt you. You could've died, Winnie." 

I gulped about just how true that comment was. If he only knew the truth. "I know." I placed my hands on his shoulders and shrugged my own. "But I'm okay. Bruise and banged up - but okay." 

"You're more than 'okay'. "My eyes scrunched up in confusion. "You're beautiful." 

"Oh, God." I laughed outload as he chuckled with me. "I am not beautiful!" I probably looked like a mangled up rat right now. Well, a breathless rat.

He shook his head and kissed the tip of my nose. "You'll always be beautiful to me, Win." This man was going to be the death of me. I knew he was. "So I was thinking, maybe if you're up too it, if you'd like to shower or just wash up in the sink and then come back to bed? I'll pop in a movie if ya like." 

"Are you telling me that I smell?" I lifted an eyebrow at him jokingly. A warm shower did sound nice and a shower was something I desired after what happened. He looked taken back as I questioned him. "I'm only joking. I knew what ya meant. But I didn't bring any spare clothes."

He pecked my lips once more before pushing off the bed pulling me with him. "I think I can help with that." He inclined his head too his bathroom and winked. "Holler when you're done." With one last kiss, he walked out of his room, shutting the door softly. 

I smiled while I touched my lips. Was this official? Were we boyfriend and girlfriend now? I was overthinking, I knew I was. But how could I not with what just happened? 

I groaned outload and casually walked towards his bathroom. The tile was cool against my feet and I couldn't help but shudder as the thought of cool tile brought back memories from the darkened room I was kept hostage in little less than an hour ago. The long, wide mirror gave me an excellent image of just how bad and marked I was. There was dried blood in my hair, below my eye was bandaged up, and my bottom lip was slit. I would've thought I would've felt that during our kiss. 

I shrugged my shoulders and turned my back against the mere image of me. I leaned over and began to start the warm running water. Just by checking the temperature there was a sudden delightful shiver that ran through my body. This was going to feel absolutely amazing. After removing my shirt and bra, I began to remove my pants when my phone began to vibrate.

'Another obstacle too face.' I thought too myself. Without bothering too check the caller ID, I answered, automatically thinking the worst - which was my mother. "Mom, I swear I'm fine. It was just -" 

"Winnie?" A husky voice was heard from the other end. I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion too the mystery man. I pulled the phone away from my ear, allowing my phone to light up. The name 'Juice :)' popped up on my screen. Why was he calling me? "Winnie?" He asked again, with a slight concerned pitch to his voice. 

"Juice?" I turned off the warm water and sat on the side of the porcelain bath tub. "Is everything okay?" I asked as I looked back at the warm droplets of water falling off the sides of the walls. 

I heard rattling around until a door was shut harshly. "No." He sighed. Where in the hell was he? Was the party still going on at the clubhouse? 

"Why? What's wrong?" Juice never called me and when he did, it was because he was returning one of my phone calls. "Is dad okay?" 

"Give me a sec." He coughed through the phone. I shut my eyes at the sound of him barfing into water. I only assumed, hopefully, it was the toilet. My own stomach turned at the sound. After two minutes of listening too him puke, he came back. "Okay. I'm better now." 

I chuckled humorously. "Yeah, sounds like it. Maybe you should get some sleep, Juice. Sleep it off." 

"No, no, no. I'm good." He said confidently as a hiccup erupted from his mouth. "Promise." 

I shook my head while combing my hair to the back of my head. "No you're not. You didn't answer my question though." Men not answering my questions seemed too be a deadly retune for tonight. 

In the background, the sound of squeaking shattered through my ears. "Sorry. I just fell into bed." He slurred. 

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were drunk, Juice." Silence. That was all I heard. "Hellooo?" My only answer was the slight snoring from the other side. I shook my head once more and sighed. "Goodnight, goofball."