39. We all Become Death

(Authors note; This is  a short chapter because its a smaller filler. I have big plans for Winnie and I hope you guys will still follow me to the end of the line. ;) )

As the warm water rained down across my back, I couldn't help but feel like the world began to push down on my shoulders. It had been over ten minutes since I got off the phone with Juice. Not only was I worried about Gemma, I was worried about him. He never called me unless - well he never called me actually. Was someone taking care of him? Was mom taking care of Gemma? 

The men that did this didn't deserve too live and I was going to see to it they would die. Rage burned inside of me as I thought of Abel being there. Would they have hurt my baby brother? Would they have killed him too make us talk or use us as leverage? 

Abel didn't deserve too live in this life. He was too young and couldn't even walk or talk yet. We were his protectors. I missed my baby brother. I missed holding him and talking too him while I gently rocked him too sleep after his afternoon feeding.  Its been one full day since I've seen my mom, my brother. . . I just wanted too be home. But I knew I couldn't go home right this moment. 

A knock startled me out of my thoughts. "You okay, Win?" 

I looked down at the now clean water that fell at the bottom of the bathtub and thought before I answered. "Yeah!" I hollered back as I turned off the water. "I'll be out in a minute." I ripped open the curtain to find a black shirt with gray sweatpants folded neatly on the marble counter. A red hair brush was laid next too a brand-new toothbrush. I smiled involuntary. 

"Popcorn is done and the movie is popped in. Take your time." Kyle said quietly from the other side of the door. 

Without replying, I proceeded to gather his clothes and place them on my body. Too say they were a bit oversized was extreme and yet, they were comfy. I gratefully ripped open the toothbrush package and applied toothpaste. Carefully, I brushed my teeth, trying my best to avoid the cut that had been given too me earlier on today. Placing the toothbrush on the corner of the sink, I opened up the door and smiled at the image I was met with. 

Kyle was shirtless, his chiseled chest was above the blankets as his back was completely straight up against his head board. With the look of concentration on his face, one hand worked with the controller, fast-forwarding all the previews too the movie he placed in, while the other hand was in the popcorn bowl on his lap. Kyles hair looked like his hands had been ran through it constantly as strands stuck up in areas. 

While I grabbed Viv's hairbrush, my other hand went too  turn off the lights of the bathroom. Now the only light that was provided in the room was his TV on the wall. He smiled at me as I walked towards the other side of his bed. I flipped the covers back and crawled into bed. 

"You look good in that shirt." He spoke as he piled more popcorn into his mouth as I began to brush my hair. 

I smiled back as  he pulled the covers over my legs. "You mean the shirt that is practically a dress on me?" It was comfy to say the least. Before he could answer, I asked him another question. A question I was dying too ask. "What are we?" 

He paused the movie as the introduction began on the TV, his eyes never leaving mine, he moved the popcorn bowl and placed it on his end table. Kyles hand ran up my shoulder too the back of my neck, with a slight pull, he pulled both of our faces together until our foreheads met. He pecked my lips once, twice, and then one more time until his eyes opened. "You are Winnie. The girl I fell in love with. The girl who I would love to have as my girlfriend." 

A involuntary smile spread across my face as I grabbed onto the back of his head and giggled. "Are you asking me to be your girlfriend?" He nodded against my head. "Then, yes." 

With one last kiss, we both settled in the bed and began to watch the movie. 

~~~
That morning came and instead of laying their with my new boyfriend, instead of cuddling up too him and rolling over to be held, I chose to get up and sit down outside on the back porch. There was a pad of yellow paper in my lap with a black pen in my right hand. Something told me I should just write. Write anything I was thinking or what I was feeling. Like a journal. The only thing was, I didn't know who too send it out too. 

 "Here we go." I glanced down at the paper and saw blue thin lines and nothing but a piece of paper. Thoughts weren't as easy too write down as they were too think them. 

When you're young, you never truly realize how fleeting and small life really is. You grow up thinking it'll be easy, that the people with you know will be with you later on in life. You grow up thinking that as the days drag on, things will get better. Now, as you get older, the harsh truth and reality smacks you in the face with such a strong force that it knocks you off your feet. Everyone you thought would be with you, they are all now succumbing to the mortality everyone is blessed with. 

Its funny to think about, how we were born. We start off just a small seed too only become death in the end. We live, we go through difficult times, only to hopefully pass through though's days and find peace in the end. 

Is there peace at the end of our tales? Do we get our own happiness or is it just darkness that'll forever plague our minds? 

Do the people that do bad things, do they get a second pass or do they stay forever on Earth, never passing on and reliving their dreadful moments? Do the people who try and right their wrongs get too be okay in the end or does death finally catch up with them and even the playing field? 

The truth is, now matter how many Bibles you read, no matter how many people tell you their opinions, no one truly knows the answers until your life is over. They say that all answers about life and death, are simple all answered in the end. 

I only hope my family and I, don't meet death soon. . .

~WT