soulmates don't matter

A/N: hi random strangers of the internet
How you doin?
Okay this is going to be an angst shot which will be very sad (I hope)
This soulmate AU is different: your soulmate mark is a small heart on your wrist with the initials of your soulmate. When you meet your soulmate the mark starts glowing and then the soulmates fall for eachother. The more they are together more feelings they have for eachother. If you (only you) carve out the mark, you die instantly. The mark has protection against curses, harm, and anything which isn't caused by you. Some curses mix with the power of the mark and the both soulmates die. I might turn this into a book later. Okay bye

Draco Malfoy absolutely hated his soulmate. How could he not? Out of all the people why was he bonded with Harry Potter? Imagine that, a death eater's son with the world savior. He really didn't want to fall for Harry

It all started at Madame malkins. Draco's mark started glowing a bright pink. No one saw it since he was in his robes when he felt the mark tingle. He looked behind him to see a scrawny raven-haired boy. That's how it all started.

At school he understood his soulmate was none other than Harry Potter himself. He started putting on makeup on the mark to cover it. He wanted the feelings to go away. He couldn't like Harry. He just couldn't.

Harry felt his mark tingle at Madame Malkin's. When he turned around he saw a boy his age, he had blond shiny hair and was very handsome in Harry's opinion.

It was not long before Harry and Draco became school rivals. Unlike Draco, Harry wasn't ashamed of his soulmate even though nobody knew. He really liked the blond even though Draco could sometimes be an arsehole. 

Harry would always strive to impress Draco and genuinely thought he was doing the same thing. Sure Draco bullied him and beat him up once but maybe that was just him trying not to lose his pride.

Nobody knew who Draco's soulmate was until...

"Who is your soulmate Draco?"

"M-my lord Draco has no soulmate" Narcissa said walking over

"Stay back woman," Then he turned back to the pale boy "who is it?"

"I-I do-n't have a so-soulmate my lord"

"Thats a lie and you know that" you-know-who hissed tracing along the makeup, erasing it.

"O-Okay fine, It's Harry Potter" he whispered

The dark lord seemed pleased. He grinned and brought his wand to the soulmate mark. Right of course he would curse it Draco's thoughts spiralled in his head. Sure, he wanted to be with Harry but now he couldn't. His thoughts were interrupted by a searing pain spreading across his arm. Tears were forming in his eyes.  Draco just hates soulmates.

After this incident he kept the dark mark covered as well as the soulmate mark. Most people thought he didn't have a soulmate. Soulmate marks dissapear if your soulmate has already died but you haven't and Draco tried to believe he was one of those people but it didn't work.

It was eighth year already. Harry was sick of waiting for Draco to fall inlove with him. So he decided to ask him directly.

When everyone was leaving the great hall, Harry stood up and went to the slytherin table. He was alone since all his other friends were with their soulmates.

"Hey Draco?"

The blond stood up to face Harry. He could feel the mark heating up. Why is the curse still there?! Why can't I have a normal life?! Draco thought to himself.

"Yes Potter?"

The raven-haired boy looked up at Draco. He looked kind of nervous.

"I wanted to ask you something"

"Then get on with it don't waste my time"

"Who is your soulmate?"

"I don't have one. The whole school knows I don't have one"

"Right, but don't soulmates exist in pairs?"

Draco raised an eyebrow. Was this boy delusional? "Yes?"

"I mean if your soulmate died, that means you are nobody's soulmate or you would have two marks at birth and one of them got erased, right?"

"I didn't have a soulmate at birth, I am a free choice. I can be with whomever I want"

"But you can be someone's soulmate, right?"

"Yes"

"And you would date them, right?"

"Depends"

"Alright then, bye"

With that Harry sprinted off to his dorm room. Why didn't I just show him the soulmate mark? Harry sat down on his bed and thought about what Draco had said. Was he really a free choice or did he just dislike Harry?

A/N: hiya people
So uh I have zero ideas on how to finish it
I might turn this into a book if you like
Check out my other stories
Okay byeeeeeeee

~deathly