Chapter 24

"Yes, I'd love to talk about it", I said and she nodded.

"Okay, follow me", she ordered pulling me behind her. We went inside the girls restroom and locked ourselves into a cabin.

"And now you tell me everything, no matter how long it takes", she said sitting down on the toilet lid while I sat down on the floor.

"Okay, so... I haven't really been honest with you", I began explaining, "when I said that I'm done with Jungkook after the party at his house. Well, it wasn't ture."

"Tell me about it", she said giving me an encouraging smile. So I told her about everything I had to go through because of Jungkook and how my heart was torn apart every time he made it beat faster. While I was talking tears welled up in my eyes, but I stayed strong.

After I finished talking she stayed silent and pulled me into a hug.

"I never knew you were struggling so much", she said stroking my back, "you could've talked to me earlier. You didn't have to go through all that on your own."

"I know", I said looking to the ground, "I should have told you."

"It's okay, now I know. I never went through something similar like that, but I understand", she said, "and I'm always here for you if you need someone to talk to or a shoulder to cry on."

"Thank you, Soo", I said giving her a small smile, "it means a lot to me. And I want to ask you something. You know Jungkook longer than me, have you ever heard what happened between him and Jimin?"

She shook her head and shrugged. "No, I don't. I only know as much as everyone who was friends with him back then", she explained, "they were best friends but they got into a bad fight. Jungkook even broke Jimin's arm. After that Jimin changed schools and I never saw them talking again until -yeah until you."

I nodded and thought a while about her words.

"So, are you gonna go on that date with Jimin?", she asked and I nodded.

"Yes, I will", I told her, "I have to live on. Jungkook and I are never going to happen."

She smiled sadly at me and we both got startled when someone flushed the toilet in the cabin next to us.

"Oh my god, hopefully that was no one we know", I whispered and we both laughed quietly, "what time is it anyway?"

"Oh geez, we missed the first period!", Soojung called out and looked horrified at me until we both burst out laughing.

"Ah, forget it! It doesn't matter, let's just skip the second as well", I suggested and she nodded, "and while we're here I really want to know what's going on between you and Taehyung."

She sighed and shrugged. "I don't know, to be honest", she said, "I think it's obvious that I like him, but...."

"And he likes you too", I said loudly smiling widely, "I mean, isn't it obvious that he's crazy about you?"

"I don't know.. Yes, I guess", she admitted shrugging again, "but I don't think we can go out."

"But why?", I asked confused.

"I don't know if you understand this..", she tried to explain, "it's just that I don't want to lose him, you know. Like, what if it doesn't work out? What if we break up? He's my best friend I can't live without him."

"Oh, Soo", I said compassionately and got up to comfort her, "that's not going to happen. He's one of the most genuine boys I know, believe me. No, actually he's the only genuine boy I know. You don't have to worry about anything."

"Still, I don't know-", she was interrupted by the bell, "okay, Y/N, enough of deep talk."

She laughed getting up and we hugged once more. "Now it's time to enjoy our lives. We're still young", she said cheerfully and we left the restroom.

When I came home from school I immediately texted Jimin that I'd love to go out with him on Friday.

A small smile played on my lips as I looked at myself in the mirror and I wondered about what place he'd take me to. He's romantic.

But in the back of my head, there were doubts gnawing on my conscience. Why do I feel this way? I was lost in my thoughts and walked over to my window to look outside.

That's it. I felt guilty. I felt like I was cheating on Jungkook. -No, not cheating, I felt like I was betraying him. Obviously, they had some kind of history and he was really upset after I told him I'd go out with him.

I shook my head and sighed. He hurt me so many times and now I'm here really holding back because I might hurt him. This was my life and I have a right to be happy.

I did the right thing. Didn't I?

The week passed quickly and I was looking forward to my date on Friday night. I was pretty much very excited. So excited that I invited Soojung over so she could help me pick the perfect outfit.

I was glad Jungkook didn't talk to me for the rest of the week so he couldn't ruin my good mood for once. But still, I was a little worried when I noticed that he had circles under his eyes and almost didn't talk to his friends at all.

I pushed the thoughts away and opened the door for a brightly smiling Soojung.

"Let's go, girl. We only have two hours left until you'll be picked up by Prince Charming, so let's hurry!", she clapped her hands and closed the door behind her. I laughed and let her drag me by my hand upstairs to my room.

In the end I was relieved that she came early becquse we joked around so much that we really needed two hours until I was ready.

We decided we'd go for the cute look with subtle make up. I wore my favourite mum jeans and a really soft, baby blue pullover which I tugged inside the jeans.

"Aww, Y/N. You look so adorable. He'll love it", she said and hugged me.

"Thank you, sweetie", I said right before the door bell rang.

"And that would be him", she said winking and handed me my purse, "go and have lots of fun. I'll see myself out. He shouldn't see me here. He'll think were eleven or something."

"You're right. I'll text you", I laughed and gave her a kiss on her cheek before I ran downstairs to open the door.

"Hey, beautiful", he greeted me as I appeared in the door and once again, I was struck by his sweet smile.