Chapter 16

I groaned in pain when I opened my eyes the next morning. My head felt like a huge truck ran over it. I rubbed my forehead and slowly sat up to figure out where I was.

When I recognised the walls of Jungkook's room, I groaned once again and wanted to go right back to sleep. I felt horrible, and the memories coming back from last night didn't make it better. I bit my lower lip trying not to cry over what I saw yesterday.

I turned my head, when the door opened and Jungkook came in with a glass of water and a pill in his hand.

"Up already?", he asked joyfully, but I saw it in his eyes, that he was worried about me, all night.

This could be just so perfect. Him and I. But now, I have become exactly like him. Just someone who uses love to get something else.

He looked as flawless as always, hair slightly ruffled and dressed in black sweatpants and a black shirt.

He sat down on his bed next to me and handed me the glass. "Here, take this for the pain", he said and gave me the shivers when his hand slightly ran over mine. Why can't you just leave my mind?

It was silence for a while and my thoughts went back to the party yesterday. And to Cho. And this girl. As I gulped down the water I couldn't hold back my tears. Why am I making myself go through so much pain?

I put down the glass and began to sob because of all the pain my heart was feeling. He quickly took the glass away from me and pulled my into his embrace.

I loved it just so much to be in his strong arms which just made me cry even harder.

"Shh", he said trying to calm me gently rocking me in his arms. I firmly held on to his shirt and nuzzled my face into his chest.

Jungkook's POV

Having her in my arms broke my heart. Her whole body was shaking from the endless sobs. I didn't know what was happened but I guessed that some bastard hurt her. Again.

I was trying to soothe her, but in the inside I was boiling with anger. I could leave now and find that jerk and make him pay. I had to do something. I couldn't just watch anymore how she went through all of this.

Y/N's POV

After I felt better I went home to relax and get myself back together. I was tired of everything but there was no way I would give in to my feelings for Jungkook.

When I laid down on my bed and checked my phone for any messages, I received a notification.

Even those threats didn't affect me anymore

Even those threats didn't affect me anymore. I didn't care. My only problem was myself and how I could get my life back under control.

I spent the weekend recovering from my recent heartbreak. And the week in school I only focused on my studies. I was really grateful for Soojung and Taehyung, who were there for me all the time and made sure I would forget my ex.

Soojung was a very good friend to me and almost spent every evening at my house, either studying with me or having a girl's movie night. I really enjoyed being with her because that meant Jungkook wouldn't come over.

"Okay, Y/N", she said grabbing my hands after we watched our third movie together, "I know that you probably have enough of parties, but you know, it's my birthday at the weekend and I-"

"Of course, I'm in", I cut her off squeezing her hands, "that's not even a question."

She smiled widely and hugged me quickly. "Thank you, Y/N", she said happily, "it's really important to me."

"I know and I'm really looking forward to it", I explained, "plus, it's a good chance to forget about the past." She nodded and talked about her plans for Saturday.

To be honest, I was really excited for the party, because I knew I'd be having a great time with my friends there. And on that Saturday, it will make six months since I moved here and it's astonishing how much I've already changed.

On the one hand, I became more confident with myself and found a lot of really nice friends, on the other hand, I changed to a worse person. All the stuff with the boys and the parties, that's actually not me. But my inner conflict, my feelings for Jungkook, seemed to bring out the worst in me. And I didn't know how to change it. He'd only hurt me over and over again.

I was lost in my thoughts, when my phone buzzed and the screen displayed a message from Soojung saying that she needed my help immediately for choosing her outfit. I smiled and texted her back that I would be there in fifteen minutes.

I quickly gathered the stuff I needed for the party and threw them into a bag. I would be staying overnight at Soojung's house so I didn't have to worry about getting home. Before I left and closed the door to my room, I glanced at Jungkook's room on the other side. He probably will be there tonight. But I don't care, remember?

I arrived at Soojung's house which was still in my neighbourhood, but too far away to walk, so I was happy that my dad offered me to drive me there.

He dropped me off and I waved him goodbye turning towards the house. I rang and she helped me inside with a panicked look on her face.

"Thank god, you're here", she said and dragged me to her room which was a huge mess. The whole floor and her bed were covered with tiles of clothing and shoes.

"Okay, okay, Soo", I said making a bit of space on the bed to sit her down, "now relax. We'll make this work, together."

She nodded a bit calmer now and watched me as I put her clothes back into her wardrobe. "And now, we'll chose you the best outfit of the day", I said laughing with glistening eyes. Let the fun begin.