CHAPTER 8: Pointless Arguments

July 15th, 1993

.

.

.

"--Hey!" you hummed out a small 'hmm?' before slightly cracking your eyes open, revealing two shadowy figures standing by the side of your bed. You blinked, rubbing your eyes with your hands to wipe your blurry vision away. Well, that was what you were trying to do before a pillow was smacked right onto your face. 

"Wake up sleepyhead!!" Oh, is that was this was about? You heard soft giggles, and the pillow was lifted off of your face to reveal the figures again.

 "Oh my god! Go turn on the light Ivy, please?" There was a groan of protest but eventually, you saw the shadow move, turning the light switch on. Your eyes instantly screwed shut as the light invaded your room. You instinctively pulled the sheets over your head to avoid the beaming heaven gates invasion. There must have been something hanging around on your bedsheets because when you yanked the blankets upward, you ended up hearing a loud, THUMP! It wouldn't have been the first time you slept while holding something, rather an occasional occurrence. 

You heard some shuffling, hoping that it meant your friends were kind enough to head toward the door to leave you alone. You should have known how ruthless they are before your theory was debunked when you heard a high-pitched shrilled scream, causing you to groan and cover your ears. 

"Oh my god! Where you stalking Michael's Instagram? Man, I knew you were desperate but damn!" It just seemed like you were under the covers not too long ago, pleading for your friends to leave you to your slumber until that comment. You were at your feet in seconds, high alert without an ounce of drowsiness, reaching to snatch your phone out of Iris's hands. 

"Ah, ah, ahhh!" Iris sang as she began pushing your face away from her as she held her arm higher. "You're such a stalker!" Ivy began to snicker at your petty attempts to obtain your phone. 

"Nooo! It's not like that I swear! Pleasee, give me back my phone.." Apparently, you overestimated how many hours you actually slept, because your body was reacting terribly slow to Iris's shoves. And with how low and slurred your words were, it was really doing you no justice.  

 Instead of helping you, Ivy wrapped her hands around your stomach, pulling you away from Iris and your phone. This caused you to stumble and land on your butt, but Ivy hadn't really thought this through because you ended up taking her down with you, so you considered it a win. But Iris still had your phone. She was buzzing with happiness as she hopped around, cooing taunts and teases at you. 

"What did he do to you on the first day for you to be acting this crazy?" You grumbled, remembering the night before as he placed his hand on your shoulder. You felt your face heat up with embarrassment as your senses started to recognize the situation you were facing. You hadn't even bothered to correct Iris's use of 'Michael' to 'Terrance' as you usually did.

Well, isn't that a lovely way to be woken from your slumber? You already knew today was gonna be one of those types of days.

---------------------------------------------------

Other than this morning, today didn't really differ from any other regular day before you have gotten the job, the day was filled with hours doing completely useless stuff that most people just love to do. Mindless hours passed as you and your friends watched "The Office" again to rereading the Fazbear Fright books and speculating. Creating weirdly bizarre theories that just seemed to come absolutely nowhere.