four.

"Detention"

KINLEY ADAMS

It was the start of October. I've spent most of my time either hanging out with Harry, Ron, and Hermione, doing school work, or spending time for myself between the black lake and the astronomy tower. Yesterday, Fred and George noticed that I haven't been as 'chuffed' as usual so they wanted me in on a prank they were going to pull on Ron. They mentioned something about 'messing with his arachnophobia' so I suggested they turn whatever Ron touches into spiders for a day. I just told them to make sure I was there to see it happen although I am not fond of those creepy 8 legged creatures myself.

Bloody terrible mistake on my part though. Ron's murderous screams echoed the corridors all day and Harry, Hermione, and I had to do everything for him. I even had to spoon feed the bloke or else he would've been eating spiders for breakfast, bless him.

I got a high-five for that one. Literally.

Their arms are so long I had to jump in order to slap their hands. They're like bloody towers.

***

"Hey, Kinley."

"What's up, Harry?" I asked as Harry ran up beside me in the hall.

"Have you heard?"

"About?" I dragged.

"Professor Grubbly-Plank is done substituting for Hagrid for our Care of Magical Creatures class, so Hagrid's back to teaching," he began nodding his head matter-of-factly.

"Merlin's beard, no way!"

"Brilliant, isn't is?" He ran his fingers through his hair in excitement.

"Yes, for sure. How did you find that out?"

"I heard students in Hufflepuff talking about it earlier. They said they had it yesterday and a few students got sent to the hospital wing," he clenched his teeth. "Justin Finch-fletchley had apparently needed Skele-Gro to re-grow his forearm."

"Oh — well that sounds erm — pleasant?" I didn't know how to react.

"Students getting sent to the hospital wing the first week of classes is definitely pleasant!" A familiar voice shouted behind us.

"Malfoy..." I muttered.

"Yeah that's my name, don't wear it out," he grinned as he hit Harry and I's shoulders while pushing between us. "That half-giant, Hagrid, won't be teaching classes for long once my father hears that he's back."

"Your father is powerless compared to Dumbledore," Harry shouted to Malfoy.

"Stop talking out of your arse, Potter," Draco sneered, "at least I have a father! Your parents are dead," he hissed as he walked out of sight from us.

Harry clenched his fists as steam billowed from his ears. I seized his arm as he went to run for Draco. "Don't let a slimy git like Malfoy get to you. Everyone knows he's too pathetic for his own good. I wouldn't waste a single breath on him."

We walked a bit further until I reached the doorway to D.A.D.A. I let out a big huff in preparation for who-knows-what I was about to experience for the next hour and a half with Professor Umbridge.

The old hag banned us from using any magic. It was strictly all textbook work and continuous studying. Talking was heavily frowned upon, our wands were placed in a locked trunk during class, and the black quill became a frequent member to the classroom.

A woman like that does not deserve the title of being a Professor.

"Well I'll catch you later, Harry," I smiled and gave him a look of 'Please don't leave me I hate this class.'