seven.

"I Don't Kiss and Tell"

KINLEY ADAMS

The drapes shifted slightly as the gust of the wind swarmed through the open window. In the corners of the room lay Hermione and Lavender who were sleeping peacefully in their beds, but I, on the other hand, was far from peace.

It was a restless night back in the dormitory. My mind racing as I lay in bed. The room was dark, and exceptionally silent aside from the grandfather clock that ticked endlessly from across the room.

"Lumos." I muttered, illuminating my wand with light.

I hovered my wand over the piece of parchment as I kept re-reading what Draco wrote over and over just to make sure I was seeing it right.

I don't get it. It didn't make sense. How could Draco possibly have smelt me in his Amortentia? And how could I have smelt him?

I asked myself this question as if I didn't already know the answer. I hate him. I know he is vile, I know he is arrogant, and a complete arsehole... but I felt different around him. It was odd — unlike anyone else. Far different from Ron. Malfoy — he made me feel. Just feel. And I didn't get it. I didn't get how I was growing an infatuation with a person I had taken an aversion to.

I decided to go to the astronomy tower so I could clear my head. And so I wouldn't wake Hermione and Lavender from the glowing tip of my wand. I crumpled up the parchment and slipped it into the pocket of my jumper, quietly leaving my dormitory once again.

***

The astronomy tower was chilled and quiet. As I was about to sit down I heard another person shuffling from across the room. I slowly walked about the corner to notice the pale complexion of a tall blond gleaming from the moonlight. He was sitting down with his elbow propped on his knee and his chin resting in his palm. He looked... sad?

"Malfoy?" He seemed startled. "What are you doing up here?"

"I'm looking at the stars, now why don't you mind your own business and scram," his voice was groggy.

Draco Malfoy looking at the stars? That's something I wouldn't expect to see.

"The astronomy tower isn't yours so no. Im not leaving," I said as I stepped closer to him.

He rolled his eyes and looked back at the stars.

"What are you doing up here anyway? It's past curfew."

"I could ask you the same question. Besides, I'm always up here, since when did you start?" I questioned.

He placed his thumb and index finger on his temples as if he had a headache and looked at me as if I had three heads. "Ever since I needed time alone, away from everyone," he raked his eyes over me. "Including you," he leered.

"Yeah well, this is where I come to be alone so." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Whatever," he mumbled, uninterested in what I had to say.

I sat down keeping some distance between us. I opened up my astrology book and begin reading. Usually I find it quite easy to read but Draco's presence distracted me. I often found myself rereading the same paragraph over and over.

How am I supposed to focus and clear my head when Draco is in the same room as me? The whole reason I came up here was to rid my mind of him.

***

I set my book down next to me and turned my head towards the stars, engulfing myself in my own thoughts. I couldn't stop thinking about what I smelt and what was written on Draco's parchment. I turned my head to look at the boy as he studied the sky above us. I stuttered before I could get my words out.