CHAPTER 21:CRASH AND FALL

Start from the beginning

"Out-I'm going out!"I answered abruptly,hoping that he would get the hint and leave me alone. I slung my bag over my shoulder and walked towards the door.

Jeremy stopped me from leaving by standing in my way,bracing his hand on the frame. Typical of him-So very Typical!!"You're my wife,Vanessa. I deserve to know where the hell you're going."

He was drunk!! I could smell the alcohol on him,it was like he showered in Scotch and cheap perfume. It seems as soon as there's a problem in Jeremy's life-his way of dealing with it is alcohol.

"I'm only your wife when it suits you, you didn't seem too worried about me being your wife 30 minutes ago when you were watching Alissa parade around in her underwear."I tried to push past him and he stopped me again.

He snarled,pointing the finger at me" Don't act like you're an innocent little virgin,you know what the hell you're doing. You and that guy last night.."

"He's a friend,Jeremy. A man and a woman can be friends without it being sexual!"I pushed him harder,finally free to make my way towards the stairs.

He has some nerve!! To have the cheek of questioning me about what I was doing and who I was doing it with-When he was sat naked in the living room with Alissa on a SATURDAY!!

"Don't give me that bullshit!"Jeremy followed behind me,pounding the stairs with every step he took. I thought he was angry before-now he's reached his boiling point."You were upstairs with him at my parents house-probably fucking him in my room-on my bed!"

I wanted to hurt him-just like he was hurting me. I could tell him now that Alex is gay and maybe this fight between us would be over. But that wasn't the point!! He was trying to control me and he was reminding me of HIM!!

I turned around on the stairs and glared at him."So what-So what if I was fucking him. Let's not pretend that you've been a Saint these past few months. You're incapable of being a decent human being."

His hand wrapped around the wooden railing of the stairs,his knuckles white with the force of his squeeze."Don't push me,Vanessa! You won't like what you see when you do.

"Or what-What exactly are you going to do about it?Hit someone else!"I looked at him,waiting for a reply but I didn't get one."Just stay out of my way and I'll stay out of yours."I turned around to walk down the rest of the stairs-but tripped and went down head first.

"Vanessa!!"Jeremy's voice called as he made his way towards me, but I could just faintly hear him. He crouched down in front of me,his navy robe hanging on his shoulder and his stomach muscles visibly tense. "Jesus-Your head!!"

My head,I'm guessing I must have hit it when I fell. My whole body was on fire so I wasn't sure where I was hurt the most. I pulled my hand back from my forehead and saw the blood on my fingertips. That's a lot of blood!!

Jeremy had left my side and come back in no time with a clean hand towel and placed it against my head."It's not stopping-I'm taking you to the hospital."

"No-You've been drinking."My head was fuzzy but it wasn't that fuzzy that I didn't know right from wrong. Bad things happen when people aren't being responsible. As much as I tried to keep my eyes opened I couldn't.

~~~

Given that I'm the wife of Jeremy Austin,I was immediately seen to at the hospital.Now a couple of hours later I was sat in my private room with The Austin Men,and there was tension in the air.My head was messed up after the fall-a couple of stitches at the hairline but I'll live!

Yesterday after the Ballet I felt as though life was coming together for me,but it didn't take long before i felt like things were falling apart. NOW MY LIFE IS A MESS!! But at least it can't get any worse than this.

"What the hell happened?"Tom fumed, and looked across at his son for an answer. It was obvious that Jeremy was already on the defence. He always is with his Father.

"She tripped on the stairs and fell,I've already told you this."Jeremy sighed, turning his back to us all and looked out the window.

"You're drunk,Son."Tom said,harshly.
"I can smell the Scotch on you and it was only after noon when you called me. Is this about what happened at the party last night?"

Jeremy turned around,his arms folded over the grey v-neck t-shirt that he was wearing. He obviously dressed in a hurry,considering I've never seen him in casual attire besides when he works out at the home Gym."I didn't push her if that's what you're implying. Of course you would think the worst of me."

"Last Night!!"Tom glared at him.

"That's enough!"I chimed in,hoping to shut both of them up."I tripped on the stairs and fell,that's all that happened. Now if you both wouldn't mind,I would really like some quite time. My head is pounding."

"Okay,Darling."Tom took my hand in his and smiled lightly."We'll see you in the morning when you're ready to be discharged."Tom looked up at his son, his expression not as hard as it was before."I'll wait for you down by the entrance."

"I'll take a car service.I need to talk to my wife alone."Jeremy looked over at me.

"Very well then. We can have this chat another time."He smiled at me again, before leaving the room alone.
Jeremy stood in the same arms crossed position. It was like he was thinking of his words before he spoke-or perhaps waiting for me to make the first move.

Jeremy looked over at me from where he stood."Are you okay?"

Does he care-I mean does he really care or is he just asking for the sake of it?"I'm fine-I just really want to be alone."

"Things got a little heated back at the house and they shouldn't have."He walked closer to my bed,standing by the edge and looking down on me."If I didn't follow you to the stairs this never would have happened."

"I'm fine,it was an accident. Like you said-it's not as if you pushed me or anything."He got me to the hospital safe and sound and didn't leave my side throughout, yet I couldn't help the rage that I was feeling towards him.
I turned my head in his direction."This all started with you hitting my friend, Was that because you were Jealous?"

"Yes!"He admitted,seeming surprised by his own answer."It made me wonder if Jeremy Austin has ever felt Jealously before now."Being with Alissa today,was my way of acting out against you. I was trying to hurt you."

He's succeeded!!

I rested my head back on the soft pillow with a sigh-and looked in the direction of the door. My head was sore and I had enough talking for one day."I need to rest,Jeremy. Can you leave- please."

"Right,Fine!"He sighed,before walking around the bed and towards the door. He opened it up and paused,not looking in my direction."I don't get scared,Vanessa-Not about anything. But today I was scared for you."