chapter eleven

> Laura woke up stretching and when her fingers spread over to the other side she felt sad.I guess it was only a dream , she thought and that is when she felt the pain in her middle and when she lifted the sheet she was naked."Holy crap ", she mummered to herself. She didn't ! Oh yes you did the little voice inside her head said to her.

She remembered how he had been gentle with her, treated her like a baby and she smiled. Then she frowned when she remembered he would never love her. Relaxing in the bathtub she wanted to surrender to sleep when she heard the door to her room being opened.

Quickly putting on some clothes she walked into the room only to find Maria carrying bags of clothes into the room.She looked at her and corked an eyebrow ."Maria why are you bringing all this shopping bags in here?" "the cońde sent me with them up here, he says they are for you."

As Maria and Laura were busy examining the clothes Carlotta burst into the room."Maria! vete!" Maria quickly ran out of the room leaving Laura at the mercy of Carlotta. The two women had a stare down until the silence was broken by Carlotta who was waving the big family emerald at Laura.

According to tradition the emerald was passed down from generation to generation.It was a sign that the person wearing it would be betrothed to the cońde.Laura had seen the family gem in a picture and it looked just like the one Carlotta was wearing. She suddenly turned pale!

Carlotta was happy that she made the woman uncomfortable .She lived for that ! The cońde was hers and hers alone .There was no way she would let this woman have him.Laura was at the verge of tears when the cońde rushed into the room , Maria following in hot pursuit.

The cońde was mad that Carlotta had gotten undet Laura's skin.What had he even seen in this woman."vete no queiro volver a verte de nuevo!"He snapped angrily at Carlotta who walked out furious as ever.He rushed over to Laura's side and with a concerned look .Laura tearing up,"I saw the family emerald""could you describe it?""It was big and showy !"Laura said to him.

He explained to her that the real family emerald was still in his mother's possession. Laura felt relieved to hear the cońde say those words to her. She knew that she would not see him until the wedding making her miss him more than ever.

~~~so guys their wedding will be in the next chapter. ... Am not done yet so don't put your phones or gadgets down am bringing more :) enjoy reading~~~