chapter nine

> It broke Laura's heart knowing that she had to tell Victor. She stepped outside and right there she fell to her knees and sobbed heavily.Why was it her life that always had to have complications?

Rodriguez found her, picked her up and held her close to him hugging her as she sobbed loudly. It broke his heart to see her crying, but being him he just had to ruin the moment,"So I guess you are going to tell lover boy?" Laura felt like she wanted to punch him and maybe break a few bones.

And sure enough speak of the devil and he appears Victor rushed to Laura's side telling her that everything will be ok but she knew it wouldn't be ok it never would.Not when she has to enter into a loveless marriage.

He drove her to his hotel and they had dinner.He asked Laura to go up to his room with him."I can't she said ," "it's because of him isn't it?" Laura nodded.

Victor had never felt so cheated in his life .Why do people always keep taking what's his?No not Laura too he was going to fight for her."I am getting married , "she said .

He felt like a thousand elephants were marching on his chest .Suddenly he couldn't breath all he managed to say was ,"how could you? I thought you loved me!""Get out ,"he barked.

Laura walked out humiliated and crying like a baby.She had a long walk to go maybe if she started now she would reach the castle by morning.

So in the cold of the night she trekked,"I take it lover boy didn't take it well "she heard a voice behind her. What the? why was he following her ? She turned and saw that he had brought a car ! Halleluyah.

Before waiting for an invitation she got into the passenger seat. He wiped the tears that trailed down her beautiful face.He just wanted to kiss her.He wanted to slap himself for thinking such things when he should be consoling her.