Chapter Twelve

(Konohamaru's Point of View)

At that moment, because of (Your name)'s words, I knew I had fallen madly in love with her.

I felt my heart beat race and  my body heat up. Suddenly, I just didn't know what to do. I didn't know if I should have said something back or if I should have hugged her or if I should have ran away in the opposite direction or what! But despite not knowing what to do, I felt my body moving on it on. I felt my hands reaching up the cup (Your name)'s face and my body stepping forward. Before I knew what I was doing, my lips were pressed against (Your name)'s.

I opened my eyes in shock of what I had done and much to my surprise, (Your name)'s eyes were closed and she didn't pull away. Upon seeing that I decided to close my eyes again and finish kissing (Your name). After what felt like an eternity, but was really less then a minute, I pulled away.

Upon seeing how red (Your name) was, I felt embarrassed, and s started rambling on with apologizes.

"Ah! I'm so sorry. I don't know what came over me. I hope you can forgive me. I really didn't..."

"Konohamaru!" I stopped rambling on when (Your name) spoke my name loudly. "You don't have to apologize. I...I really liked it!" There was a moment of silence before (Your name) spoke again. "But I hope you didn't kiss me because of the alcohol. I know you didn't drink much but sti..."

"I'll prove it to you!" I felt embarrassed but continued with my words. "Next time you see me... I'll kiss you again. But that time, I won't have been drinking. I'll prove to you that it wasn't the alcohol."

"Okay!" (Your name) smiled but that smile faded when a breeze came through and she shivered. I moved and blocked the wind for her.

"It's starting to get cold at nights."

"Yeah. I'll have to start wearing a long sleeve under my uniform."

"We should get you home before it gets any colder."

"Yeah. Sounds good."

I lifted (Your name) up and into my arms, causing her to yelp slightly in surprise.

"I'd be quicker for me to get home if I carried you. Hang on."

(Your name) wrapped her hands around my neck and we were off. It was silent but it wasn't awkward considering I was running and jumping onto building roofs to get her home. It didn't take long to do so either. Before I had known it, we were at her house. I placed her down at her door and she pulled out her house key.

"Thank you for everything today Konohamaru. Please make sure to get home safe."

"Yeah. I will."

"Well then...I probably won't see you tomorrow, but I'll see you the next day. Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

(Your name) unlocked her door and waved me goodbye before closeting it back and locking it. When she was out of my view, I fell down to my knees. I felt weak. I didn't mean to kiss her and I sure didn't expect for her to like it.

~The next day~
(Reader~Chan's Point of View)

"Hmph. So this is the girl you were speaking off."

I felt Hiashi Hyuga intense judgement fall upon me. So this was Naruto's father-in-law and the head of the Hyuga clan.

"Yes." Naruto responded, his tone clearly showing respect.

"Very well then. Come girl. Let's test your Byakugan."
I followed Hiashi to a yard in the center of his traditional home. As soon as we had stepped foot in the yard, he got ready to fight and pulled out his Byakugan. "I will not go easy on you."