Chapter One

~Hokage's Office in the afternoon~

"Naruto."

"Ah. Kakashi-Sensei. I thought you were retired at the hot springs." Naruto raised his arm in a greeting manner as he tried to lift his tired eyes to look more lively in front of his old sensei.

"Ah. We actually need to talk." Naruto's tired face became a serious one as he leaned up in his chair. "Ah." Kakashi rubbed the back of his head as he noticed he made Naruto think something was happening within the village. "It doesn't concern the village."

Naruto's mouth gapped open as he realized that he had gotten serious for no reason. He also rubbed the back of his head and smiled. "Well. What is it, Sensei."

Kakashi leaned on the wall as he prepared to explain himself. "Naruto. You, Sakura, and Saskue weren't my only students back in the academy."

"Huh?" Naruto's face instantly became full of confusion.

"I had another student. A student who I was training to be my successor. Unlike you three, her training was to be able to a copy cat ninja just like me."

"How can you explain yourself?!" Naruto jumped out his seat as he pointed fingers towards Kakashi.

"She was being abused." Naruto stopped his old childish antics upon hearing Kakashi's words and sat back down; intertwining his fingers as he did so. "The academy she attended one day noticed that something was off about her and sent me to investigate. Upon finding her, she was extremely beat and sick. But she surprised me. As I went to take her away from her home, she attacked me, believing that I was threat to her. Of course she didn't hurt me but I was surprised with her skills and promised to take care of her. Since then, she's been training as my student in secret. Now, she's finished with her training, and I want you to allow her to be became a shinobi."

"Mmm." Naruto paused in thought. "Sensei...I may be the Hokage, but I'm not for sure if I'm allowed to do that. From what you say, she hasn't been to the ninja academy. I can't let her qualify to become any rank of shinobi until she passes the academy's test."

"I understand. Which is why I want you to test her. She can complete the written test here in the office and then you can test her jutsu skills. Then we can discuss what Shinobi ranking you think she is worthy of."

Naruto turned his chair to look out the large window viewing the village in his office. "Kakashi." Naruto stood up. "After everything you've done for me, I simply can't just turn away your successor." Naruto turned back around to face his old sensei as he smiled and gave him a thumbs up. "Alright. Let's do this."

~Time Skip: A few hours later~

"Naruto. I want you to meet (Your name). (Your name), this is Naruto."

"Nice to meet you (Your name)."

"It's an honor to meet you, Hokage Naruto Uzumaki. I've been hearing stories about you since I started training under Kakashi-Sensei."

Naruto laughed as he scratched the back of his head in nervousness. "Well. I'm looking forward to seeing how well Kakashi-Sensei trained you. Unfortunately I have to make sure you can pass the written potion of the exams which it takes to became a shinobi before I test your jutsu skills."

"I understand. I am prepared for anything you throw at me."

"You already sound like a Shinobi, (Your name)-San. Well start the exams tomorrow. Be here by seven for the written exam."

"Yes, Hokage."

"Naruto." Naruto paused as he looked at Kakashi. "Just so we're clear, the fact that (Your name) is my successor, needs to remain a trusted secret between us and the others you can trust. If word got out that there's another copy cat ninja, (Your name)'s life would be in danger. She knows this as well. As far as everyone else needs to be concerned, she's just a regular shinobi who went through the regular protocols like everybody else. You can even claim that she's from another village if you want."

"Mmm. I don't understand how she poses a threat as the nations are no longer at war and doesn't her birth certificate say she's from here?"

"As Hokage you can easily have her birth certificate changed. And yes, the nations are no longer at war, so why would I need a successor?"

Upon hearing Kakashi's words, Naruto came to a realization. "Then tell me Kakashi, why do you have a successor?"

"Unlike you I don't have children to carry on my legacy. (Your name), in a way, is my legacy."

"Kakashi Sensei." Naruto lowered his head as he thought about his own family and how Kakashi never really had his own... ever. "Well, I'll see you guys tomorrow in the morning." Naruto turned towards (Your name). "I'm expecting great things from you, ya know?"

"Yes, Hokage."

(Author's note: This chapter is an introductory chapter. Starting on Chapter Two the point of view will change between characters).