Chapter Five

~Outside the wall of the Hidden Leaf Village in a small village~        
(Konohamaru's Point of View)

"It seems as though we made it to our location, but no one is here." I watched as (Your name) examined our surroundings without any caution.

"Be careful. There must be a reason no one is here."

"It's alright. I've already checked out the rest of the village." I watched as shadow clones of (Your name) approached us and then disappeared. I was wrong. She was taking more caution then I thought. "There's no one to be found and there's no sound of any other life. They've abandoned this place nd moved on somewhere else. They must have thought the the Hidden Leaf wasn't sending help."

"Are we sure that we're not in a genjutsu and haven't noticed?"

"Yes. This is reality. I suggest that we scout near by and try to find any signs of where the residents of this village could have gone. What do you think?"

"I think you're right. The question is, where should we start and should we stay together or separate."

"There's a lot of ground to cover so I understand that separating sounds tempting, but we are a team and we need to stick together. If need be, we'll camp out here for a couple of days."

"It doesn't look like you brought any camping gear for that situation though."

"All we really need for the night is a fire. I can start one using sticks from the woods not far from here and a simple fireball jutsu."

"Are you saying that you're willing to sleep on the hard ground?"

"If that's what it takes to complete this mission this yes. Anyway, which direction do you want to start looking into to?"

Why did her tone sound so cold all of a sudden? "Let's start with directly ahead of us. That's most likely the direction they would have started heading for; at least at first."

"Agreed."

(Your name) walked beside me as we headed for our chosen direction. We didn't speak a word as we placed the small village but she did ask a rather odd question as we approached the woods.

"Should we tackle the ground with one above of us in the trees?"

"I thought you said we should separate?"

"We won't be. You'll just be above me. There are certain things you can't see from the ground but there are certain noises and smells you can only get being on the ground. I think my idea is only logically and reasonable."

I thought about it for a minute and realized I may have sounded a little rough previously. "You're right. Are you sure you're okay with taking on the grounds?"

"As long as you're okay with being up in the trees."

I nodded and we made headway. After five miles of not seeing any signs of where the villagers could have gone, I felt like turning back. Who knows how far they could have gone. But just when I wanted to turn back, (Your name) jumped up beside me.

"Do you feel that?"

"Feel what?"

"Someone is watching us."

"Huh?" I looked around but didn't see anyone or get the feeling we were being watched. I looked back at (your name) for answers when I saw something that completely shocked me. "Byakugan?"

"Yes. Though I am not related to the Hyuga clan, I have the Byakugan. It's the same for the Rasengan. To help you understand, I was my parent's slave by being their experimental dummy. They were obsessed with power and because of that, they created a monster... me."