Move Accordingly

Trey

I finally touched back down in NY. Man it felt good to be back. Zavier stayed in Atlanta to make sure things were running smooth, especially since Ace is our new business partner. That nigga really got Atlanta in the palm of his hands, so he really can do anything he wants and still get bread from it. I respect this nigga hustle. Quan was a lil' too shaky for me, no use having dead weight around. I'll probably be back in Atlanta soon, but for now I needed to see what was poppin out here. I hit up Dante so we can make moves.

Dante scooped me from the airport and we started to drive back to my crib. My main concern was the money and how much of it we made.

"Nigga you said we made how much?!" I yelled asking Dante in disbelief.

"500K nigga. That's a half a milly. Niggas was feeling the new supply, we got this city on smash." Dante chuckled.  I dapped him up. I wasn't expecting to do numbers like that out here, so I can only imagine how it's gonna be in Atlanta.

Even though we made that much, a nigga still wasn't fucking happy. I hated this time of the year. Dante knew why too, but he knew better than to speak about it to me. A few years back one of our bros, Mav died. It was all three of us in the whip and some niggas shot at us.

Dante and I survived, but Mav wasn't so fortunate. They clapped this nigga in the head. He was like our brother foreal, been our nigga since the sandbox. As if taking Mav away wasn't enough, ma dukes went too. She died from cancer a few months later.

"Yo bro, we gonna make a detour." I told Dante. He already knew where to drive. I told y'all this nigga is really like my brother man.

My moms loved me, and I loved her. She was my biggest fan no matter what I did. I wish I could've told her how much I loved her one last time. I wanted to give her the world. Buy her dream house, her dream car, and give her mad grandkids, but nah a nigga couldn't even do that.

The world was always unfair. Once a nigga started getting some money, I felt like the man. I only wanted who I held close around me and if I was eating, everyone was eating too. Moms and Mav didn't live long enough to enjoy the fruits of my labor and I've been angry ever since... Like why the fuck I had to be the nigga this happened to?

I stood above Mav and Ma's plot. To see them both in the ground like that really hurt my heart. I vowed to never show love again, until I met Angel. I literally met her a year later after all of the tragedy and she was everything I could've ever wanted in a girl and more. I thought she would be the one to hold a nigga down. She knew how I felt about Mav and my moms....

Man fuck this shit.. I thought, turning to walk away. Dante looked at me but followed close behind. The only thing I love is my money. Angel is another reason why I hate this time of year now..

Angel

I love this time of year, although I had a different idea of what it would be like. Today is officially my birthday. I was supposed to be in Bora Bora with Trey, but instead I'm home. I miss Trey from time to time, the expensive trips and lavish gifts. Nonetheless, I'm still grateful for what I have now.

I walk downstairs to see my mom and dad with a huge breakfast spread.

"Happy Birthday, Angel!" both my mom and dad said simultaneously. My dad kissed me on my forehead and my mom gave me a tight hug. They loved my birthday more than me sometimes and even more this year because, I'm home.

"Aw, thanks guys. You guys really went all out this morning, huh?" I chuckled. My dad made the best red velvet waffles and mom always had fresh squeezed orange juice on hand.