11

𝓷𝓸𝔀 𝓹𝓵𝓪𝔂𝓲𝓷𝓰 // 𝓯𝓪𝓵𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓯𝓸𝓻𝔂𝓸𝓾 - 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟓

Your heart sank to the pit of your stomach.

He had every right to be mad at you for treating him like nothing, like he was just someone to play with. You said stupid things that night. You could start playing it over and over again in your head. Everything made sense. You could picture it clear as day now that he told you his side of the story. Even though the alcohol clouded your memory, you knew everything Iwaizumi was saying was true.

"I'm sorry," you choked out quietly. Your tears had dried by now. 

"It's fine," he sighed, "I'm over it."

"You're over me?" The words barely came out. You cringed at how you asked, it was almost selfish. But you wanted him to tell you otherwise. You were still holding on to the thin thread of a relationship with him.

"I was with someone tonight," he avoided the question. 

He confirmed something you already knew. You didn't know how serious it was though.

"Do you like her?" You were hoping he'd answer at least one of your questions tonight.

"I don't know," He rubbed the back of neck.

You stared off. The thread was starting to break. 

You started to feel cold. You were shivering, your teeth lightly chattering. You were starting to regret not grabbing your jacket before you walked out of the bar. As your mind wandered, you hadn't noticed Iwaizumi placing his jacket around  your shoulders. It was warm. You tugged it closer, wrapping it so it completely engulfed you.

"You look really good tonight," Iwaizumi said, trying to ease the uncomfortableness that was between you two. 

Iwaizumi put his arm around your shoulders, and started guiding you back towards the direction you came.

It stayed silent. What were you supposed to say? For one, you wanted to tell him to stop being nice to you just because you were upset. You hated being pitied by him. Another part of you, just didn't want to say anything else. If he wanted you, he would've made it known. You knew he didn't like playing games. But you knew you only had a short time until you were back at the bar to say what you needed to get off your chest.

You abruptly stopped walking. Iwaizumi's hand glided around your back as he turned to face you. He gave you a confused look.

There was nothing left for you to lose. You could tell him everything you were feeling right now, and either he would outright reject you or tell you he feels the same way. There was always the possibility he wouldn't say a thing, which would destroy you. To you, no answer would be worse than the answer you didn't want to hear.

"Iwaizumi," you started, "I want to be with you. I hated seeing you with someone else. I hate that that's how I figured it out." 

You could see that he wanted to say something, but you put your hand up to stop him.

"Please, let me finish. I don't want to walk home not knowing your answer. I want to know, honestly, what you want. I don't want you to give me the silent treatment or tell me you don't want to talk about this right now," you rushed to get everything off your chest, your eyes were fixated on the ground in front of you, "If I could take back how I acted that night, I would. I don't deserve you, but I want you. I want to be -"

You were suddenly interrupted, but not how you expected. Iwaizumi's mouth was on yours. To your surprise, you kissed him back without hesitation. You instinctively wrapped your arms around his neck. He had one arm around your waist, while the other hand found its way to your hair, entangling itself. You lips parted, and you teased his tongue with yours.

You wanted more of Iwaizumi as he pressed your body into his. His grip on you tightened, and his hand on your waist drew you in closer, even though you were already as close as you could possibly be. Your bodies needed each other. You needed him

When he finally took a breath, he pressed his forehead against yours. Iwaizumi opened his eyes slowly to look at you. It felt as though as the uncertainty faded away. You weren't leaving his side anymore. You wanted to keep reliving this moment over and over. You wanted all of him. 

"I'm yours, Iwaizumi."

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬. // 𝐢𝐰𝐚 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 🎉