07

𝓷𝓸𝔀 𝓹𝓵𝓪𝔂𝓲𝓷𝓰 // 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓰𝓲𝓻𝓵 - 𝓿𝓲𝓸𝓵𝓮𝓽 𝓭𝓪𝔂𝓼

"You look really good tonight," he hummed in your ear as he hugged you. Feeling is arms around you was comforting. You were barely able to get a thank you out, trying to stay focused and not get swooned by any of his half hearted compliments.

As he backed away, and leaned back into his seat, he motioned over behind you.

"What are they doing here?" He didn't seem happy you weren't alone. He was never fond of your friends to begin with. But only because Maeve was pretty vocal about how she felt about him. Sara was just there, so he lumped them together.

You peered behind you to see Maeve with her arms crossed, scowling, and Sara leaning against the wall, looking at her phone and sipping her drink.

You looked back at Semi and tried to smile, "I'm not staying long."

You told yourself, if you couldn't think of what to say, just keep saying you were leaving. It would make it easier for your to walk away when you had to.

He reached out and took hold of your hand, rubbing the back of it with his thumb. As much as you could try to avoid his words, his touch was going to be the hardest for you.

Semi wasn't as horrible as everyone made him out to be. When you two were alone together, he treated you like a girlfriend. He would tell you everything you want to hear, and you could tell he was genuine. You thought about the time he ordered your favorite sushi, and fed you some. The way he laughed when you struggled with your chopsticks. How his kisses were soft and made you melt.

But those memories are the ones the blind you from the fact that when you are out in public, he doesn't treat you the same way. He likes being the center of attention. That came with the fame of being in a band.

You knew you deserved to be treated better.

"You don't want to stay and hang out with me? I've missed you." Semi's words snapped you back to reality. His smile was almost sinister.

At this point, you saw the looks from the other girls around the table. You felt inferior to them, like you shouldn't be the one he should be saying that to.

"I have other plans," you were avoiding eye contact. It was easier to say what you needed to without looking him in the eye.

Semi pulled you in close to him, your body now pressed against him. He held onto you wrist and guided it around his neck. You made no effort to move away though.

"You're not yourself. What did Maeve put you up to this?" he asked, looking her way again, "I know she doesn't like me, but are you seriously going to listen to her? She can be such a bitch sometimes."

He laughed, trying to minimize him calling her that. You felt your eyebrow furrow, and you took a step back.

"What did you just call her?" you could deal with Semi treating you the way he did, but by no means were you going to let him talk badly about your friends.

"What? It's not a big deal, y/n. You know she hates me, who cares if I call her a bitch," He was still laughing, glancing around at the others to agree with him. They all seemed to laugh with him. Your heartbeat started to pick up. He didn't seem to care that you weren't okay with what he just said about Maeve.

"God, you are something else," You glared at him, not losing eye contact this time. You were pissed. It was such a simple comment, but it was about one of your best friends. Someone who just wanted to see you happy this whole time.

Semi held onto your wrist again, forbidding you to leave him.

"What if I don't let you leave?" He wasn't joking around by the tone of his voice, despite the smile he kept so no one would be the wiser.

He didn't like you ditching him. It's something you knew he wasn't used to. He liked the attention. He knew if he couldn't take home someone tonight, at least there was you - and you'd be taking that security away.

"Let go of me," you said in a hushed voice to avoid attention from anyone else around you. You could feel the adrenaline building up in you though. He was starting to make it easier for you to walk away from him. The one little comment about Maeve snapped you out of the ruse of how such a great guy he was. 

"Fine, go hang out with your stupid friends," he huffed, loosening the grip around your wrist, "you stupid bitch."

You felt as though you blacked out for a quick second. You snapped.

The next thing you knew, you were tossing his drink in his face and walking away. You repeated 'oh my god' for what felt like a thousand times before you reached your roommates on the opposite side of the bar - both were jaw-dropped and laughing.

"Let's go," you said, also amazed at what had just happened. But you could feel tears start to well up in your eyes though. You were somewhat happy, but couldn't exactly figure out why you wanted to cry. Because now, you were finally moving on - something you've wanted.

You were walking away from part of your life you wished you had walked away from sooner. You were excited to move on, but felt a sense of pain from leaving behind someone you had became so comfortable with. It was hard to pin point what emotion you felt.

You tugged Maeve by the wrist, who grabbed Sara as she chugged the rest of her drink before being pulled out the door.