05

𝓷𝓸𝔀 𝓹𝓵𝓪𝔂𝓲𝓷𝓰 // 𝓯𝓮𝓮𝓵𝓼 𝓵𝓲𝓴𝓮 𝓯𝓪𝓵𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓲𝓷 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 - 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝔁𝓬𝓮𝓻𝓽𝓼

f l a s h b a c k

"I want to go back to your place, Iwa," you pleaded, as you came back to the table with your drink. You took a long sip of your drink before placing it on the edge of the table and started tracing your finger around the rim.

Iwaizumi glanced up at you, noticing you leaning your body closer to him. It was a little too close for comfort for him. 

"You know there's more than just me and you here, right?" Iwaizumi motioned across the table to Maeve and Sara, who were enjoying the show you had been putting on all night.

"Iwaaa," you whined as you circled behind him, and wrapped your arms around his waist. You brushed the tip of nose against neck, as you brought your lips to his ear and whispered, "Let's leave together."

His body tensed up. He wasn't used to you flirting with him that way that you were. You usually teased each other, but every thing you guys did together was as friends. And to see you like this, was exciting to him, but also nerve wracking.

Maeve and Sara sat across from the both of you, taking small sips from their drinks. Maeve smirked at Iwaizumi and egged on the situation.

"What harm could it do?" Maeve joked, knowing full well you teetering on the edge of tipsy and drunk. Sara started to giggle. They both wanted to see you and Iwaizumi together. They had teased you while getting ready to go out, about the crush Iwaizumi had that was so apparent to everyone but you. You had brushed it off saying they were crazy.

Usually when you went out, it was just you and your roommates - never Iwaizumi. You typically became flirty and uncontrollable, according to the both of them. But it was always a good time, and made it easier to meet guys when you all went out. To them, you seemed a little more tame tonight, probably because he was around and he was the only one you were hanging all over.

"Let me get another drink, and then we can go," he said, quickly getting up from his seat and heading over to the bar.

"I think you made him nervous, y/n," Sara teased, as she watched Iwaizumi walk away.

"I mean, you did say he likes me," you bit your lip and shrugged, "Why can't I have fun?"

Maeve snapped at you, "y/n, don't go breaking his heart. That's not very nice."

You took a deep breath, "I've been thinking about it, you know." You stared down at your drink.

Sara looked at you closely. She could tell your cheeks had become flushed and even though you were speaking clearly, the alcohol was starting to hit you. Both her and Maeve believed that you thought about being with Iwaizumi, but they weren't sure if pursuing him in this state was a good idea.

"Maybe you should see how you feel about him tomorrow, when we aren't drinking," Sara suggested nicely, hoping you'd make a rational decision. Sara knew that both her and Maeve could hand their liquor better than you. She wanted you to be in the right head space if you actually wanted to pursue him.

Iwaizumi made his way back to the table and took the seat on the stool next to you.

You leaned your cheek against your palm, and smiled at him. Iwaizumi was aware you were looking at him, but focused on finishing his drink.

"Alright, well I don't need to sit here and watch y/n eye fuck Iwaizumi," Maeve said casually, while getting up from her seat and Sara following suit.

Iwaizumi choked on his last sip, "Wait, what?"

Y/n started to giggle. Despite your current state, you knew Maeve and Sara were trying to get both of you alone. 

"Iwaizumi," Maeve started, "Can you make sure y/n gets home safety tonight?" 

She smiled politely at Iwaizumi, trying to tell him 

"Or let us know she's staying with you," Sara winked, following Maeve who was nudging her for adding that last remark. Both laughing on their way out, Maeve caught one last glimpse of Iwaizumi looking over at you and smiling.

- - - -

"From there, we don't really know what happened, or what you did. You were just back in your room under the covers once we were home."

Maeve held up her hands to show she was unsure, and turned away.

"I can't believe you said I was eye fucking him," you whispered to yourself.

"What do you even remember after what we told you?" Sarah asked.

"I mean, I remember being there, just not what was said," you rubbed the back of your neck, "it's almost like I can place myself there, but I can't hear anything. So not a whole lot makes sense when I think about it."

You suddenly felt a vibration in your pocket. Without thinking, you checked the message and immediately shoved it back into your pocket.

"Who was that?" Maeve asked unamused.

You stared at her. She knew. And you knew she knew. She just wanted to you to say it. You glanced down at the floor before answering her question.

"It was Semi."