10

𝓷𝓸𝔀 𝓹𝓵𝓪𝔂𝓲𝓷𝓰 // 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓽 𝓻𝓾𝓷 𝓪𝔀𝓪𝔂 - 𝓶𝓸𝓽𝓽𝓮

iwaizumi's pov

Iwaizumi could feel the alcohol start to hit him. The warmness filled his body. He drank for than he usually did, probably because he was nervous? He shouldn't have been nervous though. There was no reason to when he was with her. However, she was acting differently tonight. she came off flirty, more than usual.

Then there was the fact that your roommates deliberately left him alone with the girl he's liked the moment he saw her.

He watched as she twirled around a lamp post on their walk home. Her laughter filled the air as she enjoyed herself. It was like he was watching her in slow motion. She called out his name, snapping him out his daydream.

She jumped down, grabbing onto his jacket, and pulling him close to her. She looked up at him from under her long eyelashes. She bit her lip, and slowly raised herself up to be as close to his lips as she could.

Then it happened. Their lips touched. Her lips were soft. Iwaizumi guided his hands around her waste, pulling her closer to him. He deepened the kiss, they're tongues twirling around in each others' mouths.

A vibration came from her pocket. He was brought back to reality, wondering if what just happened was real.

Y/n unlocked her phone and started tapping on the keyboard, answering whoever just messaged her. She was so engrossed in the conversation, it was if it nothing had just happened. He wanted to know who was more important to pull her away from him. 

She let out a small laugh, before turning back to Iwaizumi.

"Where to, Iwa?" She sounded so innocent. But he wasn't sure how to answer her question. Of course, he wanted to bring you back to his dorm. He also knew, he didn't want anything to happen more than a kiss in this state. It didn't feel right to him.

Iwaizumi placed his hands behind his head, "We could..."

As much as he wanted to suggest his place, he couldn't finish his sentence. She was distracted again. 

Another text.

"Who are you texting?" His voice sounded annoyed. He didn't want to ruin a good thing, but he couldn't have a conversation without her looking at her phone every few minutes.

Her head popped up, "Hm?"

This frustrated him even more. She didn't even hear his question. It was starting to feel like he was the only one there, and she could move on from this like it was nothing.

"I asked, who are you texting?" He asked the question again, more firmly.

"Oh, Semi." Y/n said nonchalantly.

Hearing his name only made Iwaizumi's heart drop into his stomach. Why him?

"What?" He honestly couldn't believe this was happening.

"What?" She repeated.

He hated how clueless she was acting. How did she not see the problem here? He couldn't believe he let his guard down, and believed that maybe she had moved on from Semi. He thought he finally had his chance.

"Why are you texting him?" He pushed further.

"What's the big deal?" She asked, shoving her phone into her pocket, "So where are we going?"

"It's a big deal to me," Iwaizumi said under his breath.

"What was that?" she asked, trying to make eye contact.

"It's a big deal to me," Iwaizumi blamed the alcohol for the lack of control he had, "You kiss me, but you're texting some asshole you're hooking up with."

"I don't see the big deal," y/n laughed, poking his chest and dragging it down to his abs, "why can't I have both?"

Both? It felt like she delivered a hard blow to his lower stomach. He felt like he couldn't breathe in that moment. He wished he was hearing her wrong.

"What am I to you?" He knew the question was a stretch at this point. 

"What are you?" She laughed, "You're my friend, obviously."

"But we kissed." He felt like a child, having to explain everything that just happened. 

Y/n clumsily sauntered towards him, stopping herself with her finger on the chest. He noticed that she swayed a little bit.

"I kissed a lot of boys," she poked his chest with each word.

Iwaizumi would scream if it wasn't going to cause a problem. He could feel himself getting heated. But a small thought popped into his mind. You weren't his. He had no control over you and what you did. And anyways, you were just friends.

But just friends don't look at each other the way you did. And they certainly don't kiss each other.

"Y/n," Iwaizumi tried to keep his temper under control, "I like you."

Y/n flung her arms around his neck.

"I like you, too, Iwa!" Her voice sounded cutesy, something that was normal whenever she had a little bit too much fun with her friends. 

Iwaizumi slowly started to remove her arms from him, and created some distance between them.

"No, y/n," He sighed, "I really like you. Not just as a friend."

Y/n just stared up at him. No reaction. It was as though she wasn't listening.

Suddenly, she shook her head.

"I think we should go home."

She turned away from him and started to walk in the direction of campus.

Iwaizumi stood there in awe. She completely ignored him, and he didn't know what to do. He told her how he felt, and he completely disregarded his feelings.

Maybe this is it.