03

𝓷𝓸𝔀 𝓹𝓵𝓪𝔂𝓲𝓷𝓰 // 𝓼𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝓸 𝓽𝓮𝓵𝓵 𝔂𝓸𝓾 - 𝓱𝓪𝓲𝓶

7:30am. Monday.

You dragged your feet towards the lecture hall, coffee in hand. 8am's were the worst for you. You tried to avoid taking them whenever signing up for classes. However, this time it was unavoidable.

Your hair was thrown up into a messy bun, wearing only sweats and some slip on vans. You weren't trying to impress anyone. You didn't need to.

You took one of the seats in the back of the class. You still had a good fifteen minutes until class started, so you buried your head in the arms on your sweatshirt with you hood up.

Usually you would be right on time, as the professor started the lecture. But this morning, you were woken up at the crack of dawn by a message from someone who had more of a hold on you than anyone else. Every time they were back in town, you weren't yourself. You could feel it happen to, but you can never stop yourself. You start to distance yourself from everyone, while you stay by his side. The worst of it all is that you watch him flirt with other girls, and ignore you most of the time you are together. But he never fails to text you when he's passing through, just to make sure he's still able to pull you.

You take a deep breath. You want to tell yourself it'll be different this time. That you won't fall under his spell. But it's always easier said than done.

"Dressed up as usual," Iwaizumi said while taking the seat next to you. He always avoided you in this class, hence why you didn't put two-and-two together the other day.

Iwaizumi was dressed in dark jeans and a gray sweatshirt, with an oversized denim jacket over it. He looked more put together than you, and you didn't really have a comeback to his sarcastic comment.

You sighed, brushing him off, still not lifting your head from your arms.

"Oh," he started, "Is he back?"

You slowly lifted your head, and squinted your eyes at Iwaizumi with a confused look, "what?"

"You get this way anytime he's around, really annoying,"

"What do you mean I get this way?" At this point you were glaring at Iwaizumi the same way he does when you irritate him. I mean, you were aware things changed whenever this guy entered your life again. But he wasn't even here yet, and Iwaizumi was already noticing.

"I mean, you're not yourself." He didn't seem like he wanted to elaborate. You hated how Iwaizumi would never explain what he meant. He always said things as though you assumed what he was talking about. In this case, you did. You knew that you were a happier person, and you could feel yourself start to close off.

You didn't have a moment to respond. The professor walked into the room and immediately began the class.

You tore a sheet from your notebook and continued your conversation.

he texted me this morning

Without looking over, you slip the note onto his desk. Your fingertips grazed his as he took the note. You glanced over casually, and noticed that his face didn't give any inkling of emotion. He wrote down a response quickly and handed it back to you.

what did he say?

You weren't going to hide anything for Iwaizumi. He knew how this went. Whenever this guy was back in town, he would text you making you feel like you were the only girl he's been thinking about. Even though, you knew that wasn't the case, you would fall for it every time and everyone around you would have to pick up the pieces once he left.

that i better be waiting for him and he missed me

Iwaizumi's face scrunched up in disgust. He immediately began writing and tossed it back.

he's a piece of shit.

You chuckled a little under your breath. You knew that Iwaizumi knew it was bullshit.

i dont know what to do

You hesitantly slide the note back, knowing Iwaizumi wouldn't be happy you were asking him of all people to give you the answer. He most likely would tell you to get your roommates to help with the problem.

Deep down, you did know what to do though. But it wasn't easy for you to do it on your own. You felt guilty putting this burden on Iwaizumi to help you out of a situation you constantly found yourself in.

You heard Iwaizumi sigh. He tapped his pen and looked towards the front of the room. He wasn't writing back anymore. You at least hoped he would respond with something, even if it wasn't anything helpful. Then you would have the satisfaction of knowing he wasn't interested in getting involved.

You tried to focus your attention to the rest of the lecture. You had already missed most of it from writing notes and getting lost in your thoughts.

Once class was dismissed, Iwaizumi left without waiting for you. You gather your things, and rushed out the door to try and catch up with him.

"Hey!" You shouted once you spotted him a few paces ahead of you, "You're not even going to wait? And why didn't you write anything back?"

Iwaizumi stopped short.

"I don't know what to tell you, y/n. You do this every time. I think you should end things with him, but you won't. So why ask for advice when you aren't going to take it?"

You could feel heat rise in your body. You weren't sure if it was from embarrassment or anger. But you could also feel yourself getting defensive. You didn't like being called out, especially by Iwaizumi. A pang of familiarity flowed through you as well though. It was almost like deja vu.

"I'm asking my friend, thinking maybe instead of being an ass for once, he'd be nice enough to not call me out and just help me."

"See. There you go again!" Iwaizumi raised his voice, but caught himself before speaking again, "Guilting me into making you feel better about your bad decisions. Why don't you start thinking about the people around you before you do something stupid again."

You could tell you were not longer talking about the same thing. This was a whole different conversation. This was the conversation you've been waiting for - wondering what caused a riff between you and Iwaizumi that night months ago.

But you're stubborn. You felt yourself start to move away. You picked up your pace towards the dorms. You didn't stay to try and figure out what was eating at Iwaizumi.

Selfish, you told yourself.

You take out your phone, and go to the message from this morning. A start typing feverishly.

how long until i see you?