Chapter 38: Unraveled

Mulai dari awal

Frightened, I quickly pulled my hand away from him.

"What is there to talk about, Mia?" Jared raised a brow as he questioned me bitterly.

I pursed my lips tightly together and shut the hell up.

After giving me one final death stare, Jared finally peeled his eyes from mine and focused his attention on Zane who stood beside me.

This was the first time since walking up, that he acknowledged Zane's presence.

The two men glared at each other for a second or two but never said a word.

Both silently challenging one another.

Eventually, Jared glanced back at me.

With his lips pulled tightly together, Jared continued.

"What did you want to say in private that you can't say here, in front of your lover boy, Zane. Are you about to downplay this and tell me that this isn't what it clearly looks like? Or are you going to tell me the truth?" Jared shook his head in disappointment as he continued.

"You're my girlfriend but you left me for, lord knows how long, and when I finally find you, I find you possibly whoring yourself out like a prostitute in a fucking public bathroom!"

Jared threw his hands up in the air out of frustration which caused me to reflexively flinch back from him.

I'd never seen him this angry before. I could practically see the hot steam pouring from his ears.

Jared moved closer into my personal space as more and more anger consumed him.

Instinctively, Zane grabbed a hold of my wrist and attempted to pull me protectively behind him.

At the same time, Jared's eyes slanted into angry slits as he zeroed in on Zane's hands touching me.

Quickly, Jared extended his hand and latched onto the same wrist that Zane was holding.

During this entire confrontation, Zane hadn't said a word but I assumed he was pissed; our blissful night had ended up being a shit show.

As I glanced in Zane's direction, I could see his telltale ticking jawline and his blue eyes taking on a dark stormy hue; it looked like Zane was trying everything in his power to hold himself together before he did something he regretted.

The moment Zane finally spoke up, the air in the room completely shifted and goosebumps rose on my skin.

His voice was low and ominous.

"I'm only going to warn you once. Get, your fucking hands off of my woman...... NOW!" Zane's jaw clenched even tighter as his grip on my wrist tightened.

Jared chuckled.

"Your woman?" He asked, sounding confused.

Zane didn't answer Jared but instead, he again, attempted to pull me behind him protectively.

However, being stubborn, Jared would not budge on his hold on my wrist.

And although we were in a crowded space, it now felt like it was only the three of us standing in this room having a stand-off.

I was hyper-aware of every movement both Zane and Jared made, making my heart palpitate with worry on how this would all play out. 

"You're delusional if you think Mia is yours?" Jared began to laugh sarcastically. "Just know I had this whore earlier today and whatever you did, you were getting my sloppy seconds. I'm sure your small dick couldn't fit in her loose pussy after I'd already stretched her out-...."