Chapter 3: Asking For Help

Începe de la început

Everyone started looking at Amity with more concern than they had before. She was looking down at the ground, with shaky breathing as if she was trying to control something within her. She also kept her eyes shut the entire time, while having her head down. "Amity....what's wrong with Luz...?" Willow asked, knowing that's what everyone else was thinking on their minds.

"L-Luz...she-she got...she got.." Amity tried her best to compose herself to let everyone else know about what happened to the human, but her emotions were refusing to let the words come out of her throat. Tears slipped past her shut eyes, and dropped down her cheeks as she tried her best to hide her face from everyone, but there was no hiding from the pain she was going through right now.

"The emperor came...t-they brought an army to the O-Owl Lady's house....and took them....They destroyed the house...I-inside and out...and they took her...they took L-Luz..." Amity finally admitted to what happened, far past her self control of her emotions. She was shaking where she stood, and tears relentlessly dripped down her cheek and on the ground. Everyone around her stared in horror, not wanting to believe the news they just heard, but judging by Amity's behavior right now, this was no sick joke.

Before anyone could question Amity about it, she pulled out Luz's phone and showed it to them, along with Eda's staff, which garnered a gasp from everyone around, as they started to understand the severity of the situation. Amity went into Luz's phone and pulled the video she watched earlier. Without uttering a word, she played the video again, and handed it to Gus, who started watching in horror, along with everyone else.

As the rest of the group watched the video, Amity stood there, silently sobbing to herself as she reheard the audio of Luz running up to her room, and her final words to the phone. It hurt her so much, hearing that video, knowing that Luz was about to endure her last moments before getting taken. Hearing the fear and sadness in her voice made Amity's depressive thoughts intensify, along with her emotions. When the video ended, everyone looked up with horror plastered on their faces. Edric and Emira felt sick to their stomachs, Guz was paralyzed with fear, keeping his grip on the phone, as if it was Luz herself, and Willow had tears forming in her eyes. She looked up at Amity, who was a broken mess in front of everyone, and without thinking, she walked over to Amity, and pulled her into a warm embrace that made the witch cry harder.

Ever so slowly, everyone else gathered around Amity, and added themselves along with the hug, doing their best to comfort the broken girl that had found the mess in the first place. Out of everyone, Amity was the most caring of the human's well being ever since grom, and everyone knew that. The pain that the green haired girl must've been enduring from the situation had to be brutal. It felt like an hour they spent just standing in front of the school, letting their pain out. Amity couldn't stop shaking, even when gripped in 4 different pairs of arms, her body still made an effort to make her shake like a broken toy, and after a while, she couldn't cry anymore. She was just left with whimpers as she gripped Willow.

Eventually, Amity pulled herself from the hug, wiped her eyes and looked at everybody to get their attention.

"I didn't just call all of you here to bring the bad news....I need all of your help...I want to go save Luz and everyone else stuck up there." Amity stated, trying her best to convey confidence to everyone else.

"What? Are you crazy mittens? That's basically suicide! You'll end up getting yourself killed!" Edric said, fear gripping him tighter at the idea.

"Listen to me. I know it sounds insane and dangerous...and it is...but everyone should know Luz very well at this point....she would do anything just to make sure we were safe under her watch....she did the same thing for the Owl Lady, and she managed to get away from the Emperor's grip. Knowing Luz...if we were in the same situation she is in right now...she would be throwing herself in danger without a second thought, just to save us....Luz needs us this time...we need to help her..." Amity said, taking a breather after her unintentional speech that left her both breathless and emotional. More tears dripped down her soaked cheek as she looked up with pleading eyes. "Please...I don't want to lose her..." Amity whispered, as the tears dropped from her face.

Everybody looked at each other with sad looks, but they knew Amity spoke the truth. Out of everyone, Luz was the one that always went out of her way to make sure everybody was happy and safe. She did it for everybody there at some point, and she would gladly do it again. The group all smiled and nodded together and looked back at Amity.

"Alright mittens, we're in with you. We will help you on your rescue mission." Emira stated, wiping her eyes with her sleeve. Guz nodded along with Emira, giving a confident smirk. "For Luz."

For the first time since Luz's disappearance online, Amity felt a genuine smile smear across her face, happy to hear that everyone was on board. She wiped her eyes and looked back up at the people who stood in front of her. "Thank you guys. You're all the best." She smiled more.

"It's no problem Mittins, we want her back as much as you do, and we'll get her back." Edric said, rubbing Amity's head, ruffling her hair a little.

"Alright, first thing's first. We need a plan. How are we gonna be able to get in the castle in the first place?" Willow asked, looking at Amity.

"Hmm, I believe the staff here should be big enough for all of us to fit. We can fly over there. To get in, I believe we'll need the experts of deception to help with that." Amity said while looking at Gus, Edric and Emira. They all smirked and looked at each other. "You can count on us!" They said in unison.

Amity looked up and noticed the sky started to get dark. Frowning, she sighed and looked back at everyone. "Alright guys, we need to make a plan. Everybody meet back here tomorrow morning alright? We'll get the plan down from there and we'll head over there. Got it?" Amity said, confidently.

"You sure Luz is gonna be able to...y'know..." Gus said, looking at the ground solemnly. Amity had the same fear, but she knows the Emperor is gonna toy with her. "I know Luz will make it through. She's a fighter. Whatever the Emperor throws at her, I'm sure she'll take it like a champ long enough." Amity said. She knew that didn't exactly sound as confident as she thought, but it was enough to have everyone loosen their nerves a tiny bit.

"Alright Amity, we got this." Gus said confidently. "I'll be back here tomorrow morning, and I'll see what I can come up with for the plan." Gus said, turning around. Willow followed behind him, giving one last look to Amity.

"And don't worry Amity, we're gonna get her back. I promise." Amity smiled as Willow and Gus disappeared from sight, waving goodbye. Edric and Emira looked down at Amity and placed their hands on her shoulder.

"C'mon mittens, let's head home, before Mom and Dad get back." Emira said, leading Amity to move. Amity was looking at the ground, thinking about what to do tomorrow. She thought about Luz again, but this time, smiled, knowing they were getting closer to her rescue.

Stay put Luz. We're gonna get you out of there. We're almost there.

 We're almost there