Grey

Hi guys, it had been so long since I publish anything. Well, I had decided not to write anymore, but I probably will post short stories when I feel like it, like rn. So, enjoy this chapter.

       The sky is grey, everything seems sad. Weird, where are the colors? Green grass, none. Yellow sun, none. Blue sky, none. Where did they all go? Eyes darted around the room, away from the glass window. Where are those blue eyes I love so much?

--

       Bouncing around, feeling the wind caressing the white locks, looking so fluffy. Ruby eyes darting around the scenery, not listening to the voice calling out for the owner of those beautiful jewels. The ground suddenly tilted, unknown by the albino, he stumbled only to be caught by two strong arms around his waist. Glancing up, he saw worry in those sapphire blue eyes he loved so much. Grinning sheepishly, he fixed his own posture and put his arms around the raven's neck.

       "What were you thinking? Bouncing around like a five years old. You almost fall"

       Rolling his eyes around playfully and giggling, "I'm sorry, mom" he got a glare from the raven, "I was just excited, this is our first date after all. You're supposed to be giddy too, Soraru-san"

       The man, Soraru, rolled his eyes. Yet, he can't stay mad at the albino and planted a small kiss at the top of the white locks. Scolding the albino a bit more before suggesting to hold hands instead, it sounds more romantic that way for a first date. The albino, in his excitement, hold the raven's hand enthusiastically. The two walk around the park a bit while longer before stopping to eat at a nearby restaurant. Continuing their date after the short break happily, nothing seems to be wrong at the new couple.

--

       When did it look so dark? The grey seems darker, it looks so gloomy, so cold. Faintly, the sound of rain reaching into the room before it turned into full blown storm. The small, frail body shivers. It shook violently once thunder began to strike, crystal clear tears began to ran down along with the rain on the glass window. The owner doesn't seem to understand why they are crying. Where is he? The body curled up into a ball, trying to be careful of the needle stuck on his arm, feeling miserable.

--

       The rain doesn't show any sign of stopping, it went on for the past hour or so. The owner of those ruby red eyes pouted while curling into a ball. Sitting beside him was the raven, typing stuffs the albino doesn't know into his laptop. They are supposed to go on a date today, so why in god's name did it rain on the seemingly perfect day?

       "Soraru-san, I'm cold" the albino's petite body curled up closer to the raven.

       The later only hummed and let the former come closer to him. He didn't mind since it was pretty cold and he liked it when the albino is acting like this. The silence fell upon them, although it doesn't bother the couple at all. It was pretty nice, calming dare they say with the storm right outside their window.

       "Mafu, can you move a bit. I'm going to make some tea for us"

       "No"

       The short reply from the albino, who is acting like a cat beside him, made him sighed and forcefully moving the albino. His action earned an uncomfortable groan from the smaller, but the raven won't let the protest bother him and went out of their shared bedroom. In a few minutes, he came back with two cups of steaming hot tea. The raven leaned in near the albino's ear and whispered sweetly for him to wake up. The albino groaned but woke up nonetheless, he gratefully took the cup from his lovers hand and slowly but surely drank its content. Humming in delight once the hot substance ran down his throat, warming his cold body. The raven took his place beside the albino again and curled up together with him, silently they emptied the cup while enjoying the rain.

--

       How long had he stayed in this white room? He had lost count of day, or did he even count? He doesn't know. Everything looks so boring and unattractive. He had been accustomed to his grey-ish surrounding. No longer asking where the color went, no longer bothering the absences of the colors. No longer wondering where he is. The white falling from the sky seem to be his only companion in this lonely grey world. It's so cold, he wanted the warmth.

--

       Raven hair covered by black beanie sway from the slight wind. Looking at his surrounding which was covered in white, just like his beloved. He unwillingly let out a small shriek after something cold was thrown on his face. He shook the snow left on his hair and glared at the culprit. The albino who sensed this grinned innocently.

       "What's wrong Soraru-san? Cat got your tongue?"

       That irked him, "Oh, I will be the one to catch that naughty tongue of yours. That'll teach you a lesson"

       The albino, definitely shocked by that, blushed hard almost matching his eyes, "Perv" he shortly replied and stuck his tongue out at the raven, which earned him a chuckle from the latter.

       Not so long after, they had started a snowball war, feeling much like kids although both are clearly old enough to have kids themselves. Soon enough, both are shivering from being covered in melted snow and hurriedly ran to their apartment which conveniently near the park. After both took a hot bath (together) and changed into comfier clothes, the albino took liberty to throw himself onto the couch, bounced a bit before settling in nicely. The raven on the other hand, had used his time to make them some hot chocolate. The hand diligently make the sweet drink and put some extra marshmallow onto the albino's cup, knowing his cute lover like to have those inside his cup of hot chocolate.

       He went back from the kitchen with a pair of cup in hand and saw his boyfriend comfily snuggled into the cushion on top of the sofa, which made him chuckled fondly. He sat himself beside the head of the albino and put the cups on the coffee table in front of them. The albino slowly snuggled his way to the raven's lap, making himself comfy and warm. The two lovers lied there in silence, enjoying each other's company and savoring the warm moment.

--

       How tired he felt at that moment. The cold had settled yet it was still cold enough for him shiver. How he longed those warm moment of cuddles and colors, yet he had numbed himself to feelings. Steeling himself from any kind of feeling, there's no point anyway, in this grey world he lived in. Yet he couldn't help but wonder how he has been lately. Is he healthy? Happy? Looking at the world full of color with smile and laughs. Unknowingly, tears had started to make their way down those pale, hunger-pang cheeks. Where could he be? He wondered.

       .

       .

       .

       .

       ......who is he again?