Withered

Req 3: uni_Connie

Here you go, this one took me a lot of research haha, hope you enjoy~

Oh and it's an AU btw

Edit: Forgot to mention this, but I made this story for another project with different characters. As you can see, my lazy ass just changed the characters, pronouns and a few aspect of the stories. Even so, this is still 100% original from my own head and research, happy reading. (June 2nd, 2020)

-----

   Pitiful...the disease looked so pitiful. And yet, the only thing he can do right now is laugh at how ironic it was. He was pitying himself. While standing there, the wind picking up.
   He hates it. Hate..such a strong word. It means that you will never be able to like, nor love anymore. The way the wind will blow against his hair, flowing in between each strand, and taking the voice that he hates, yet love very much, closer to his ears.
   He can't ignore it, it was as if he was enchanted. That's right, he was under a spell. A spell that will soon grab his life under its hand and took it from him. Gulping down his fear, he could only turn around a bit, but it was enough to took his breath.
   The raven he's familiar with looked so dazzling, like the moon shining in the background. He was so stunning. His soft, yet deep voice continued calling after him. He could only smile and tried to strike a conversation, like what he always did.
   While at it, he could only hold back the cough that was threatening to racked out of his throat. During their light conversation, he could see a look of concern from him. It amused him greatly, to be able to see it from the raven for the first and probably last time. Finally, the raven was gone from his sight. And yet, his slight scent that was picked up by the wind, stayed. Along with the beautiful display in front of him. The flower garden.
   He, too, has one of that. He had grew it a month ago. Now it's blooming beautifully, yet so dangerously. If only he could stop it. If only he could just kill his own garden. Yet, he couldn't -wouldn't- kill his feelings for the raven.

-----

A month ago
   It was such a lovely day, yet he couldn't find peace in his mind. His throat has been itchy and his heart has gone down rated. It was as if, the world had a grudge against him. He couldn't get his head on what was happening to his body. It was uncommon.
   A slight cough here and there was all it was at first. But the urge to scratch his own throat had increased. Especially, when that person spoke up. It was as if he got thrown into a field of thorn yet, his mind was filled with euphoria.
   Everytime, they will talk, random topics at times. Sometimes it was just a sheer boredom, or just a coincidence. They will always have something to talk about. Yet, the more to it, his throat got so itchy he couldn't help to cough once or twice. He could see slight concern on the raven's usual stoic face -even though it's a bit painful, it was still a sight to behold- and he would just told him about how he has taken care of it.
   It has became his daily habit, to make a warm tea filled with honey. It relieved his throat a bit. Yet, it didn't seem to be enough sometimes.

-----

   It has gone worse. Constant clogging in his throat felt more and more annoying. It distract him from work, from his schedule, from the raven. Then one day, there it was. A small pink petal. It rested on his palm, as if it was where it belong. He had his suspicion, but he didn't think it was true.
   In a rush, he ran to the guild's library. He frantically search a book, it was suppose to be there. It has to be. And there it is, All Kind of Disease. A simple title, makes it easy to find -well, supposed to- and without thinking hard about it, the book was opened and the pages were flipped.
   He stopped right there, near the middle of the book with 'H' bookmark on it. Hanahaki Disease. A disease of unrequited love. He could see it, the symptoms are all the same as his, and that flower petal. He knew what it was.
   Pink camellia, in flower language it means...longing. A few months ago he had learned about flower language, he didn't think it'll be useful at times like this. He could only laughed bitterly and a lonely tear fell down.