Puppet String

There was once, a genius puppet maker. Every puppet he made, looks like real. They look like they are alive.
The said man had a lover, they got married and lived happily ever after.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Or did they?

----------

   A man with dark blue hair just finished sewing a dress. It was a really pretty dress. The blue marbles sparkle as they saw the dress. It really was pretty, perfect for the puppet he just made.

   "Soraru-san!!"

   The comfortable silence was shattered by door slamming and happy high-pitched voice filling the void. Although the man, Soraru, was not bothered the slightest by it. Instead he smiled and turned around, only to meet the angel, the light in his life. With his snowy white hair, two shimmering ruby red marbles as eyes and cute face, how could no one see him as an angel?

   "Welcome back, Mafu"

   The albino smiled sweetly and went to hug Soraru. He kissed him on the cheek and nuzzled his own cheeks onto Soraru's neck.

   "I'm back, Soraru-san. Hmm?"

   That's when Mafu saw the pretty dress Soraru just made, his eyes sparkled and he smiled so brightly.

   "Uwaah, is that the dress? It's done? It's really pretty. As I expected from Soraru-san"

   Soraru smiled at the compliment and thanked Mafu, not forgetting to kiss his forehead while he's at it.
   Then he saw Mafu's frown. He panicked. Hundreds of bad assumptions were already filling Soraru's mind.

   "Why are you frowning Mafu?" He tried to sound as calm as he could, but he couldn't help the worry in it.

   Mafu shooked his head, "It's nothing, it's just Soraru-san always make pretty clothes for the puppets" Mafu pouted cutely, "I want a clothes made by Soraru-san too"

   Soraru honestly never feel really relived as he smiled softly at his lover, he once again kissed Mafu's forehead and said, "I can make one for you"

   He was greeted by a happy face next to him and an excited 'Really?!'
   Soraru just nodded and promised himself to make it. He definitely will make it.

----------

   He's in trouble. He really is in trouble. Ever since he decided to make a perfect clothes for Mafu, his production on puppets had drastically decreased.
   Whenever he tried to make a concept for his beloved clothes, he just thought that it wasn't good enough. That he could do better. And so he tried again and again. His lack of sleep and tired mind didn't help.

   Mafu saw this and decided to help, "Soraru-san, you need to rest. You have been awake for three days straight"

   "I'm fine" was a classic answer of course, but that didn't stop Soraru from saying it.

   "You might get sick, Soraru-san. It will be better if you-"

   "I said I'm fine!!"

   Mafu flinched at Soraru's angry tone. Never once Soraru raised his voice against Mafu, sure they had a few small arguments before. But never once in his life, had Soraru ever raised his voice against him.
   With trembling lips, Mafu mutter a small 'Alright' and leave. Sure it was just because Soraru was tired right? It's not like he was really angry at Mafu.

   Right?

----------

   Mafu was out in town, he thought he'll make something or just buy something for Soraru and hoped it'll make him better. He was sure everything will be fine.
   But he didn't see it coming. A car came out of nowhere, running at full speed...and it just happened to be when Mafu is crossing over the street. They collided.

---------

   Soraru heard the news way too soon. He quickly left his works and ran towards the hospital his lover was in.
   He panicked, he never felt this way before. It's as if someone just ripped out his heart with bare hand. He could only pray that his love, his angel, will be alright.
   When he arrived the nurse told him to stay still, the only thing he can do was nodding.

   Hours. He had waited for hours, or maybe it's just his mind playing trick on him. It felt longer than it should be.
   Then suddenly a doctor emerged from the operation room, he walked towards Soraru. Asking him if he's Mafu's acquaintance, he hurriedly said yes. The doctor could only put his hand on Soraru's shoulder and shook his head.
   Soraru felt as if the universe stopped, heavy weight fell upon his chest. He couldn't breath. This wasn't supposed to happen, this is not right. His angel is still there, alive.
   He told the doctor to stop joking, but the doctor was persistent. The doctor wasn't joking, he would never joke about someone's life.
   Soraru could only hung his head, he's hyperventilating, he knew. But he couldn't let go.

----------

   Soraru was behind his working desk again. Making clothes for the puppets. But this one is special. It's for his special someone, it was hard to make to the point he snapped at his special someone before. But now he can make it, he can make the special clothes for his special someone.
   Slowly he put the scissors down and raised the clothes to see the final result. He was pretty proud of it.
   He stood up with the clothes in his hands and walked towards a coffin. It was filled with pretty white roses and there's something, someone, on top of those roses.
   Soraru began his work to dress that someone in the coffin. He smiled, a bitter one. But he didn't mind it.

   "You look beautiful..."

   He took one last picture in his mind of his love. He looks stunning, there's no doubt in it. His perfect angel.

   "...Mafu"

   The puppet-looking Mafu layed in the coffin, he looked like he's still alive. With both red eyes staring at Soraru. But they're empty, void of life. He's nothing but a puppet now, but Soraru didn't mind. It was still his angel...after all.

----------

The mad puppet maker had turned his love into a puppet out of grieve and emptiness, but also out of love. His lover was the prettiest puppet he ever had, how lovely. Yet it's sad.

Is fate that cruel? Or was it only solemnly because of a man's desire?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
No one knows

----------

Heya guys, it has been SO long since the last time I post a story. I think it has been around 4-5 months(?)

Last time I update was for Sorarun's bday and I said that I wasn't really in the fandom anymore but welp, my friend dug another utaite hole for me and I got in...again. Soo..yeay?

Anyway, I probably won't update as frequent but if I have some ideas I'll write them as quick as possible.

Also thank you for 3K reads guys. I'm so happy right now!! Before I rant longer I'll stop myself.

Thx for reading!!