"Look... I don't know about you guys but am so hungry right now. We are cool just as long no one says anything out of line, okay? Good thank you"

I took a scoop from the ofada rice, munching it a bit before swallowing.

My speech cleared the tensed air as everyone eat their food though there was still a bit of tension on Tomi due to Tokunbo sitting beside her. Adeola sat beside Femi stealing glances at him once in a while.

I shook my head taking a sip from my Maltina drink.

"So... " I look up at Prince as everyone at the table did the same "Teniola Enitan Coker... That name sounds epic" I flashed him a sunny smile "who are you? Like, for real i want to know you"

I raised an eyebrow at his question. His friends also looked interested in whatever am about to spew from my mouth.

"Uhnnn.... Am a girl" I hear Henrietta snicker but i ignore her. "Am a over privileged girl who desires to live a normal life"

"That is getting harder to achieve i guess" he replied

"You have no idea" I huff over the food. "I don't know why exactly.. People wants me to behave in a particular way, it gets suffocating"
I mumbled out my words as my eyes shifts to Tomi who was also watching me "I mean my friends know the real me"

Femi nods as he ate on while Tomi threw me a small smile.

"That is exhilarating to know, everyone is scared of being something they aren't" Adeola buttressed.

"Speaking of fear... If you don't like the fish just tell us, no need to keep poking it with your fork"

"I love the fish, am scared of the bones” Tokunbo stated

"Oh... "

"He has this fear for fish bones since he choked on one when he was just twelve" Folahami said teasingly, i smiled as Tokunbo ordered him to shut up.

I feel Tomi shifting uncomfortably on her seat.

"Quit teasing him, everyone is afraid of something. For example, i am scared of things that as no legs"

"What? You are scared of people that has no legs?" Femi questioned.

"No no... Don't misquote me. I said things, i mean" I huff "I have a snake problem"

"You have Ophidiophobia?" Tomi asked as everyone turned quiet at her large word.

"She means you have snake phobia" Tokunbo translated the word. I nodded.

"Am scared of girls who could pronounce words like 'ofidiophobia'" Adeola glared at her twin to shut up.

"She knows big words like that, isn't she charming?" I said grinning at Tomi.

"You are scared of the bite?" I narrowed my eyes at Shubomi who finally spoke up.

"Yes and no... Am scared of the slimy body. How can you only just slither around?"

"It looks and sounds cool to me" he shrugs.

"You find scary things cool, it's sexy" Henrietta said praisingly. I shuddered.

"Can we stop talking about fish bones and snakes over dinner?" Tomi begged all of a sudden.

We turned quiet at her request, it is truly weird.

"What are you scared of?" My question directed at Shubomi, there was silence for a while before he spoke up.

"Am scared of nothing"