Chit chat

I glance through the enormous textbook I borrowed from the school library again, carefully taking down important points and notes in preparation for our final external exams.

I was in secluded quiet classroom, it was 7:15pm in the evening. I decided to go solo on my studying, to have time to ruminate and think clearly.

The school as resumed fully, students are back in school and it seems everything has returned to normal and when I mean everything, i mean everything... New year.. New system... New resolutions.

I picked my tablet, going through my playlist changing the song, i smile as a Taylor Swift song came into my ear through earpiece. I bop my head as i read on enjoying the solitude which was soon interrupted.

I jumped letting out a little shriek as i feel someone pull the end of my hair, looking up i glared at a chuckling Shubomi.

"You scared me" I said with my hand on my chest as my heart beats rapidly at the fright and probably at the sight of him.

"Why are you scared? You shouldn't be" he said taking an empty chair for himself placing it opposite me as he takes a seat.

"How did you know I was here?" I asked curiously. He only gave me a smile, far different from the infamous smirk "no... I will answer that, you have eyes everywhere"

He chuckled at my words, my stomach turns excitedly at the sound.

Girl! What is wrong with you?!

"You know me so well" I shrugged at his words.

"That's what you always say"

I watch him place his bag on the table in between us, he opens the bag, i watch him bring out a white nylon bag which as a logo of an eatery. He placed the nylon bag on the table putting away his black bag.

"What is this?" I asked with a raised eyebrow and folded arms.

"A peace offering, or should I say a password or more like a thank you for giving me another chance" I stare at him not knowing what to say "go on, open it" he pressed on.

I sit up removing the earpiece, i look through the nylon then smile as my eyes saw and my hand felt the coldness.

"Olashubomi Cole... Are you spoiling me?"

"Call it whatever you want" I laugh at his words.

I brought out the ice cream and spoon.

"Thank you... " he nods staring at me.

"There is more" I rummage through the nylon before pulling out a box filled with doughnuts.

"Doughnuts glaced in chocolate and sprinkles, you sure do know the password" I winked at him before opening the ice cream. I gasped "Strawberry flavor, my favourite!" I exclaimed as he chuckles.

"Am glad you like it"

"I love it! Wait how did you get all this?" I asked.

"Got some help from outside"

"That must be stressful " I pointed out.

"You are worth the trouble"

I dive into the yummy goodness, i asked if he wants some but he refused which am happy on, am not in the mood to share this.

"This is so sweet" I said stuffing the doughnut into my mouth as he watched in amusement.

"Can I ask a question?" I nodded. "Have you ever being in a relationship? He asked his eyes filled with curiosity. I swallowed the food.