Angelica raised to the tips of her toes and gave me a sweet kiss. "I've laid out your tux and bowtie on the bed, go get ready. I can't wait to call you my husband."

~~

The lavender field was in full bloom blanketing the ground with purple flowers. Delicate white cherry blossom petals drifted down from the single cherry blossom tree in the center of the field, like snowfall in spring. A narrow path in the field led up to the tree.

There was a small pond at the back, with water lilies floating on the surface. In the distance, the sun was just starting to set.

Everything seemed ethereal.

It had been love at first sight. We'd decided to get married here, under the cherry blossom tree, the minute we'd seen this place.

"Ciao, old friend." A familiar voice had me swiveling in surprise.

My lips split into a grin.

"Warren."

He still looked the same. Large and brooding.

"I got your email. Congratulations." He said gruffly.

"I didn't expect you to come," I admitted. "I am a criminal who's presumed dead. You shouldn't really be here."

His expression softened. "I couldn't miss a brother's wedding, could I?" His lips broke into a grin. "And like I told Angelica once, some things should be done even when we aren't supposed to do them." He shrugged his shoulders. "Besides, who else would have been your best man?"

I laughed and clasped his shoulder with my hand affectionately. "It is good to have you here, fratello."

My expression sobered. "How is Lucian? Did you visit him like I asked?"

Warren nodded. "He's alright. As good as anyone can be in prison I suppose. He doesn't talk much but physically he seems to be fine."

A lump lodged itself in my throat. "Do you think he knows . . . about me?" I finally asked.

Warren shook his head. "He doesn't. I've worked hard to make sure no one knows about you." His expression became serious. "No one can know that you are alive Sebastian. Especially Lucian. You can never see him or let him know. Do you understand?"

"I understand"

My heart felt heavy.

Lucian had made some terrible choices. He had done things that were unforgivable and I hated him for it. But he was still my brother. My blood.

I couldn't help but feel sorry for him. He had been merely a child when Matteo and our father died, Lorenzo had been the one to raise him. He had never known true kindness or love and he never would.

"All set?" Nora's voice called out from behind us. Her face softened into a smile at the sight of me.

Her eyes suddenly turned alert, focusing on Warren. "And who might you be handsome?" She batted her eyelashes at him.

I guffawed when I saw the tips of Warren's ears turn beet red.

"Owen Harris, ma'am." My friend answered shuffling his feet awkwardly.

Never in the years that I'd known this big brute had I ever heard his voice so soft.

When Nora still looked confused I decided to intervene.

"This is Warren," I told her. "Warren, this is my sister-in-law Ellie, or Nora as we  call her."

Warren gave her an awkward nod and I tried to cover my laugh by pretending to cough.