💋23. Satellites (T- D, V, M/M)

Warning: For those who are not comfortable reading M/M content please scroll to the BOLD at the end of the flashback for a quick summary of this chapters' content to continue reading.

 ╟──∞──╥──∞──╢

1926 

I understand ambition. I didn't get to where I am without it, but what I can't stand are cheats.

And this particular cheat was going to make me late.

And he was tainting the leather interior of Kit's new rolls royce.

The slimy cheat cowers in the hollow of the car as I stand by the door. I puff on my cigar, biting down slightly on the end to speak "Get out."

The cheat does as he is told.

I shrug off my jacket and Petey takes it as another of the boys graciously seats my former bookie in the seat we kindly provide him.

I meander over. Hopefully he'll make this easy and I won't have to change my shirt.

His eyes skitter around the warehouse.

With a hand in my pocket, the other on my cigar I say, "I hear you were planning on going on a trip."

The cheat shifts forward in the chair, shaking his head. "Nah Jack."

Kit kicks the chair.

The cheat stutters. "No Mr Bishop. I wasn't going anywhere."

I take a puff of my cigar. "What's the word Bugs, you finished school didn't you. What was it that Mr Green was planning on doing with that 50k of my money?"

Bugs, the tallest of my boys pushes his spectacles up his nose, before running a hand though his hair. He wasn't much one for hair wax. All natural was his method. "Abscond Jack. Mr Green was planning on absconding with that 50k."

My attention hadn't left the cheat, who appeared quite ready to shit himself. "50k. Quite the feat. And in only 6 months. I knew I liked you Mr Green, I just didn't realize that you were this greedy. Was I not paying you enough?"

"What?" Panic settles in his voice. "N..no Mr Bishop. You paid me plenty."

I take a step forward. "So why then did you steal from me?"

A scared smile creeps on his face, his head shacking profusely. "I didn't steal from you, Mr Bishop. I would never."

"I don't like liars Mr Green. And I don't abide by cheats. You have enough ambition that you could be running any one of my businesses in a few years. Why steal from me?"

Everyone knows I don't like to repeat myself.

I watch his throat bob as he swallows. His eyes move to my boys, calculating which one would strike at him first if he made a run for it. Kit, cleaning his nails with his knife looks up over his hand at the quivering sack of shit. Said shit thinks better of his situation. "Donatelli. He made me an offer." I didn't have to ask him to elaborate. "For a 50k buy in I would have a seat at the table so long as I brought all the books with me."