6: Through Vents We Crawl

Previously

Henry walked up to us, starting to scratch his head. "Henry?" Kirby asked him. "You alright, buddy?" I added. "Ah! I can't take it!" Henry started to scratch his head, furiously. We all widened our eyes in fear.

"He's." Eli started, backing away from Henry.

"Got." Fish continued, also backing away.

"FLICE!" We all screamed. "RUN!" Rosalyn shouted and we all ran around Henry, and bolted down the hall way, all while Henry kept saying "Scratch me, scratch me!" To us.

***

Angelina's POV:

Principal Mitchell's voice blared through the speakers at us as we ran through the halls.

"There is no shame in having a shaved head."

We reached a point in the halls where the Flice infestation had started. Kids were scratching their heads like mad men. "It's begun." Kirby muttered under his breath. We all turned around and ran to the other hallway.

"Where are we going?!" Fish screamed to Kirby, who was taking the lead. We all stopped. "Wait, guys, think. There's got to be another way out of the school."

"Can't we just break some windows?" Karma complained. "Do you want to go to juvie?" I asked her. "If it means not shaving my head, then yes." We all sighed at her. "Any other ideas that won't, in any way, vandalize the school?" Shay asked. Eli looked as if a light bulb went off in his head.

"There is one way out! Byron," He shook his head, correcting himself as we all looked at each other and him as if he was an alien. "I mean Principal Mitchell, has a secret exit in his office. We all looked at Eli and exclaimed, "Byron?!"

"He's a good guy," Eli defended him, "And he's not just our Principal. He's our Princi-PAL." The boys groaned in disgust. Karma, Ariana, Shay and I made faces while Rosalyn smacked her forehead muttering, "Oh my god."

"Trust me, if we get to his office, he'll help us." Eli tried to reason with us. Kameron looked confused. "Wait, if the exit is a secret, how do you know about it?"

"Because he let me use it once," Eli paused in embarrassment, "That day I had to sneak out of school when I realized I was wearing girls' jeans."

"We told you, never rush school shopping!" Fish scolded him. Then, we all heard the shaver's buzzing.

"GET TO THE PRINCIPAL'S OFFICE!" Eli screamed and we all bolted down the opposite direction the buzzing sound was coming from.

"Remember, the man in the yellow suit your friend." Principal Mitchell's voice came through the speakers again. "Yeah, right!" I screamed sarcastically, while running.

We suddenly came back to where the Flice kids were again. "Back this way!" Kirby said and he lead us around the other corner.

"Choose the buzz cut."

"Where do we go now?!" I shrieked in panic. Kirby looked around, then to the ceiling. He smiled. I looked to where he was looking. "The vent?" I asked. He shrugged. "Why not?"

Next thing I knew, nine people were crawling around the vents in panic. First it was me, then Kirby, then Fish, then Karma, Eli, Ariana, Kameron, Shay and lastly, Rosalyn.

"Where are we going?" Fish called up to me. I was around the corner when Kirby screamed, "Not that way!" I looked over my shoulder and saw a Flice kid crawling towards us. I started scrambling faster through the vents. "GO, GO, GO!" Rosalyn shrieked at us.

"Stop pushing my butt!" Kirby yelled at Fish. "Move faster then!" Fish screamed back. "Tell that to Angelina!"

"Kirby, if you touch my butt, I will kick your butt all the way to Tokyo!" I screamed at him. After a little more crawling and screaming, I came to a dead end where the Flice kids were about to reach us.

"Guys?" Kirby said in fear. I whimpered and hid my head in Kirby's shoulder; He crawled up to where I was to see why I had stopped. "Hold me." Eli said in a high-pitched voice. That's when the vents started to shake and we all screamed as we fell to the school floor. I felt a sharp pain in my ankle. "Ow!" I shrieked.

"You okay, Angelina?" Kameron crawled up to me. "I think I just sprained my ankle. Can you help me get out of the vent before the Flice kids start coming?" I told him. He nodded his head and started to help me out of the vent.

"Guys, Angelina's hurt. We need to get to the Principal's office, fast." Kameron informed the others. That's when I noticed that the Flice kids were started to close in on us.

"Come over to the buzz cut. Your new life awaits."

"Umm, the Flice kids are coming f-fast. W-what do we d-do?" Ariana trembled in fear as she spoke. We all backed up against the wall, my arm around Kameron's shoulder, using him as a crutch.

"This is all my fault. I'm the one who made Jenkins drop the Flice. I'm the reason that we're not going to make it to Fright Fest," Kirby rambled. "Don't worry about it. We'll go to Fright Fest next year." Fish reassured Kirby. "If, you know, we live that long." Fish added, scared.

"No. You guys are going to make it there tonight." Kirby said. He looked like an idea popped in his head. "HEY, HEY, HEY, HEY, HEY!" He screamed at the Flice kids. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Rosalyn shrieked at him. "HEY! THIS WAY!" He screamed at the Flice kids before running past them and leading them away from us. "KIRBY, NO! DON'T -" Kirby cut Eli off.

"GET TO THE PRICINPAL'S OFFICE! SAVE YOURSELVES!"

"C'mon guys!" Karma took the lead of running to the principal's office. I started to run as well, with Kameron still as my crutch, but not before getting one last glimpse of Kirby running down the hall.

A/N So that's that chapter! I was almost not going to post today because I had nothing and I had, literally, an hour to write. But, I managed! YAY! And, I may not post next week because I have FSA's to write throughout this week, but I will try my best. Anyways, that's it for now mah loyal pandicorns!

PEACE!