5: Flice Breakout

Angelina’s POV:

So, after we all settled down for math and started our own conversations, the teacher entered with two girls in her trail. One had black, wavy hair and tan skin while the other had pale skin, long black hair and pale skin.

“All right class, be quiet.” We all stopped talking. “Today, we have some new students. Girls, will you please introduce yourselves?” The girl with the black, wavy hair and tan skin stepped up first.

“Hi,” she did a small wave. “I’m – uh – Shay Summers, I’m 13 and I moved from New York with my dad a couple days ago.” Some kid raised their hand. “What about your mom?” They obnoxiously asked. “Oh. Well, um,” she looked down, slightly. “She died a couple years ago.” The kid looked guilty. “Oh. I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay. I was a while ago.”

The teacher stood awkwardly as she said, “Miss Summers, could you please sit by Miss Black. Could you please raise your hand Angelina?”I raised my hand and Shay sat down at the empty desk to my left. I gave her a small wave and put my hand down. She smiled and waved back as the girl with the pale skin and long black hair started to introduce herself.

“My name is Rosalyn Dallas and I moved here from California with my parents, my older sister, and my younger brother last week. And, I’m also 13.”

“Excellent, Miss Dallas. Now could you please go sit next to Miss Bear? Please raise your hand Carla.” Carla raised her hand and Rosalyn went and sat down next to Carla.

-----AFTER 15 BORING MINUTES OF MATH-----

Alarms went off as Principal Mitchell’s voice rang through the speakers. “Attention students. There has been a dangerous outbreak of flice. You have exactly one minute to exit the school. After that, we will be on long down until further notice. And remember, no running.”

So, of course, everyone starts running to the nearest exit. “What did the boys do this time?” I muttered to myself. I started running towards the exit by the science lab because I knew that’s where the boys would be. When I reached the science lab, the boys were waiting for Eli to get out of the science lab, as the trapped kids were finally set free. I noticed that the new girls, Rosalyn and Shay followed me, along with Karma and Ariana.

“C’mon Eli, let’s go!” Kirby urged Eli to move faster. “You don’t have egg salad in your pants.” Eli told us. “Well then take the damn sandwiches out of your pockets!” Karma irritatedly said to Eli. “He has egg salad sandwiches in his pants?” Shay asked us.

“Look it’s a long story,” I said to Shay, “But, right now, if you don’t remember we have ten seconds to get out of the school.” I finished my sentence just as Principal Mitchell started counting down from 10.

“Hey, Kirby, look your sister!” Fish called out.

“9.”

“8.”

“Dawn hold the door!” Kirby called out to his sister.

“7.”

“6.”

We all ran as fast as we could towards the door. But, Dawn started to feign being weak.

“5.”

“4.”

“The door. It’s just, too heavy.” She I heard her ‘weakly’ say.

“3.”

“2.”

Dawn closed the door with a smug smile.

“1.”

We all stopped, just a few feet away from the door, trapped in the school. “We are now on lockdown.” Principal Mitchell’s voice boomed through the speakers. “Stupid tuba made me late again.” We all turned around to see Henry push his tuba to the floor. We all turned to face each other.

“Good bye, Fright Fest.” Kirby sighed.

***

After a few minutes of Eli introducing Rosalyn and Shay to our group, Karma and Ariana having their own conversation and me trying to call my sister – who wasn’t picking up – the boys gave up trying to push the doors open.

“C’mon!” Fish said, exasperatedly. “This cannot be happening! There’s no way I’m missing Fright Fest!” Kirby exclaimed, obviously angry.

“To the students left remaining in the school, we are locked down until this flice situation can be rectified. Or not.” Principal Mitchell’s voice boomed through the speakers once more. “Who knows?” He paused dramatically. “Hope you didn’t have any plans.”

We all looked at each other, either desperate to get out, or pissed off at our situation.

“There is, however, one way out.” Principal Mitchell started up, again. “A representative from Emergency Hygiene Services is patrolling the halls. Those who choose the buzz cut are free to leave the school immediately, and get on with their new, fashionable, aerodynamic lives. The rest of you, well, we’re gonna shave your head anyway.” He laughed, as if mocking us. “Hey. It works for Pitbull.”  

“No. Period. Way. Period.” Fish said to us in a very strict tone. “And, Pitbull looks like a thumb!” I screamed to Principal Mitchell, as if he could hear me.

“Well, we gotta do something!” Kirby exclaimed. “There is no way I’m gonna let some mutant, super bug keep us from going to a festival we’ve been waiting for our entire lives!” We all looked at each other, desperation to get out on all of our faces.

Even though two of them probably didn’t know what Fright Fest is…

Well who wouldn’t want to get out of a school where some dude (or dudette) is trying to shave your hair off?

Then, Henry walked up to us, starting to scratch his head. “Henry?” Kirby asked him. “You alright, buddy?” I added. “Ah! I can’t take it!” Henry started to scratch his head, furiously. We all widened our eyes in fear.

“He’s.” Eli started, backing away from Henry.

“Got.” Fish continued, also backing away.

“FLICE!” We all screamed. “RUN!” Rosalyn shouted and we all ran around Henry, and bolted down the hall way, all while Henry kept saying “Scratch me, scratch me!” To us.

 A/N And that's where I end the chapter! Phew! Can you believe I wrote that in half an hour? 

Yeah you probably can... oh well...

AND I AM SO DEARLY SORRY ITS SO SHORT!

Well, whatever! At least I updated today, just as I promised! (cheering sound fx in the background) Thank you, thank you! 

So, basically... thats it for now  my loyal pandicorns! 

PEACE!