2: The Rath of Dawnzilla

"I'm sick of Kirby always getting away with everything." Dawn complained, agitatedly at dinner that night. "Bad night to stay for dinner, huh?" I muttered to Kirby. He nodded his head in response.

My parents were working late at work that night. They are both nurses at the Forrest Hills Hospital. Sometimes they come home when I'm already sleep, or they tell me to sleep at one of the boys' house. They trust me.

"Yeah, today he's just drawing awful pictures of beautiful people. But, tomorrow, he could be robbing gas stations. Come on, mom and dad, this is a teachable moment here." While she complained on and on, I mocked her by holding my hand up and doing that hand gesture, where it's like someone's talking. I hope you know what I mean...

Kirby started laughing and Dawn looked over at him. "Kirby, stop it. I see what you're doing." Dawn glared at him. He was doing that thing where he imagines his pictures come to life. That caused me to giggle, slightly. "I'm not a monster! Mom, dad!"

"Kirby, what have we told you about drawing unflattering images of your sister, with your," Kirby's dad pointed to his head as he scolded his son, "imagination."

"Come on, it's my head!" Kirby protested. "I should be able to do whatever I want in there."

Kirby's mom started shaking her head in response. "No." She stated firmly. "No." His dad agreed. "You need to show your sister some respect. No more drawing her as the monster she was." Dawn looked at her mother in hurt and disgust, while slightly glaring. "-n't" Kirby's mom 'corrected' herself, while I looked at all the pictures of Dawn before her transformation. Kirby's dad and I both shivered in disgust and fright.

"If Dawn finds one more drawing you made of her we're going to-" Kirby's dad paused and looked at Kirby's mom, "take your drawing materials away for a month." Kirby's mom 'mhm'-ed in agreement. Dawn looked at Kirby with a smug look on her face. "What do you think about that?" Kirby's dad asked. Kirby scoffed/sighed and replied back, "Wouldn't like it."

"No you wouldn't." Kirby's dad lifted his hand up for a high-five, and Kirby's mom fist bumped it...

"Yeah."

"T-zaang."

"Told you what was what." Kirby's dad started. "Yeah and what wasn't what." Kirby's mom finished. "Yeah."

--*After dinner in Kirby's room*--

"Dude, your parents try way too hard to be the 'cool' parents." I said, helping him rifle through more of his drawings, still trying to figure out what to use in the contest. Officially in our group, Ariana and Kameron's mom and dad were the cool parents. They would let them in the house all alone, for an entire week, to go on a business trip, they would throw a party (responsible one, of course), make the house a mess, forget to clean up by the time their parents got back and not get in trouble. I think Kirby's parents were jealous...

"Yeah. I know." I mumbled to me, staring at one of the pictures. I walked over and looked over his shoulder. It was the drawing of the girl from earlier! (A/N Insert *le gasp* here)

"Kirby, what is that a pictu-" My phone ringing interrupted my question. Kirby finally looked up and turned his attention to my pocket (where my phone was ringing) and covered the picture. "Excuse me." I mumbled and walked to the corner of room, while Kirby preoccupied himself with sketching and doodling.

"HEY!" Ariana (my bestie, by the way) screamed from the other end. I jerked the phone away from my ear. Sometimes we're too loud, even for each other. "HEY!" I screamed, right back at her. "WILL YOU SHUT UP?!" Dawn banged on the door.

"Was that Sis-zilla?" Ariana asked me. Since, we're not allowed to use the word Dawnzilla, Arianna and I decided to change it to Sis-zilla. "Yep." I replied popping the 'p'.

"You at Kirby's? Are Eli and Fish there?" She asked, her voice all of a sudden getting tight. "No. Dawn, just ran to my house to tell me to shut up!" I replied sarcastically. "And no, Fish and Eli aren't here. Why?"

"No reason." She replied, though her voice was just a little off.

"Hey is that Angelina?" I heard a voice, barely audible, in the background.

"Yeah. Will you shut up when I call my friends, Kam?!" I could tell Ariana turned away from the phone.

"Whatever. Tell her I say hi. Mom says it's time for dinner, too."

"Fine! Just get out of my room!"

I continuing listening to the conversation until I heard the close of my friend's bedroom door close. "Kam says hi." She said, slightly irritated at the fact her brother barged into her room. Even though it was probably wide open, like usual.

"Yeah, I heard." I heard. "And I heard you have to eat dinner. Better get down there, young lady." I scolded her as if I was a mother. "Haha. Fine, mom."

"See ya."

"Peace!" We said our goodbyes and hung up, just as I heard Ariana's mom screaming for her to go downstairs.

"Was that Ariana?" Kirby asked me, looking up from his sketches and doodles. "Yeah." I replied turning off my phone. I turned around to ask him about the picture, when my parents rang the door bell.

"Bye, Kirby!" I yelled at him while he was going down the stairs. "See you tomorrow!" He yelled back at me.

Tomorrow, a voice echoed in my head. That's when you'll ask Kirby about the picture. Tomorrow.

I don't know if it was just the voice in my head, but all of a sudden, I was determined to get the truth about that picture, tomorrow. Am I going crazy?

A/N OMG!!!!!!!!! Early post guys! Just for you! Sorry it's kinda short, but I wanted to upload a chapter since you guys made me feel so special and happy about this story! The new characters, Ariana and Kameron are Jace_Norman_4Eva's. Check out her stories, they are mega-awesome. And, next chapter, I'm contemplating about having it in Kirby's POV.... What do you guys want? Also, I'm gonna introduce a new character, tomorrow! *excited dance* Anyways, gotta go to bed now... early b-ball practice tomorrow morning!

PEACE PANDICORNS!