Chapter 30: Secrets

Author's POV

...

*Click.Click.Click...*

The click sound coming from the keyboard fills the dim and silent room. Stacks of record books and other files were scattered on the desk near the picture of a young boy that was happily smiling while carrying his baby sister in his arms.

*Click.Click.Click...*

The click sound keep filling the room as he keep tapping the previous button and study the behavior of the people he's suspecting through the CCTV he secretly placed in the entire area of palace.

"Hmm, Who is she?" He mumbled as he pause the CCTV footage and tap the zoom in so he could clearly see the face of the woman who you and Sunny have encountered. His eyes widens a bit at the scene of her hurting Sunny just because her dress got ruined and then you shown up after a few seconds. He saw how you tried to fix the problem and how you defended your friend over the woman until Prince Jimin also shown up and got slapped.

Swallowing his anger, he closed his eyes as he calm down his self after seeing how the woman spilled all the remaining chocolate to you.

Reaching over the folder that contains all the personal backgrounds and other informations of the royal family.

Just by looking at footage, he could tell that the woman is not just a guess of the king because of the bodyguard with her, wearing a suit that also has a seal for royal bodyguards. That means she's also part of the royal family.

Without wasting any second, he open the folder and started searching for the picture of the woman and there he saw the information about her.

The king's sister and the mother of prince Jimin. Called as Lady Helina. Who owns 10 resorts from France, Japan and Korea. Global ambassadress of different clothing brands and expensive beauty products.

"When are we going to tell her?"
The sudden voice from behind startled him and almost drop the folder in his hand.

"Shit! Since when did you get here?" He panted out placing his hand to his heart as to calm his self while glaring at the one who have just suddenly appeared behind him.

Taehyung.

"Just five minutes ago. Now back to my question, Namjoon hyung." Taehyung shrugs before crossing his arms on his chest patiently waiting for the older one's answer.

"I...we're not going to do that, Taehyung." Namjoon hung his head low causing Taehyung to frown due to confusion and walked to him, sitting at the vacant chair beside him and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Hyung, I don't understand. Why?" Taehyung shook his head "We've been looking for her for how many years and now we finally found her. She deserves to know the truth, hyung." Taehyung said hoping his hyung would do it but Namjoon shook his head before facing him.

"Tae, we can't." Namjoon mumbled sadness is fully visible in his eyes. God knows how much he want to say the truth to her, kiss her on the forehead, hug her, never let her go in his embrace and shout out to the world how proud he is to have a sister like her. Keeping her away from the truth is the best way he think he could protect her more, especially now that he knows their family's enemy has a connection from the people who wants to kill the son of Emperor Kim. But those people are still unknown and with that he can't trust anyone except the emperor, prince Seokjin, Sunny, his Alpha team and Taehyung.

She's the only family that's left for him aside from Taehyung, he don't want to lose her. The problem would just get worse if they'll found out the truth. He knows that she's more safe in the palace, you are safe in Jin's hand.