Chapter 14: Meeting the Guest

Author's POV

...

08:00pm |At the South Wing of the Palace|

All the maids were busy plating the foods in a very elegant way while you were designing the persimmon cake that you made by yourself, you told Jin that you want to help the maids because you don't want to just sit at his room and do nothing, he won't let you but you insisted. You sighed in satisfaction after taking a look at your persimmon cake, you noticed the maids were finished and started to bring the tray of foods to the east wing of the palace, you handed the cake to one of the maids that you started to get close which is the youngest maid named Sunny.

"Woo, it look so delicious. Thanks for helping us, Y/n." She cooed while carefully holding the cake. You smiled at her cuteness.

"It's just a cake, Sunny." You said and dusted the apron that you're wearing, you turned around and decided to make another persimmon cake for your halmoni and for your new friend Sunny.

"Oh, what are you doing?" She quietly asked while peeking behind you.

"I'll bake another persimmon cake for us, we will eat it with my halmoni." You said and her face lit up, giving you a smile bright as a sun. No wonder her parents named her Sunny.

"Aww, you're such a kind person. I'll be back. Prince Seokjin is so lucky to have you. " You blushed at the last part she said, you heard the door closed as she left.

~|At the East Wing of the Palace|~

...

Prince Seokjin, the emperor and their guest sat on the long dining table. After a second, the maids came in and served the foods and desserts including the cake that you made, Jin was surprised a bit the moment he saw the persimmon cake in front of him, it reminds him of her, his mother. It's their favorite cake, his mother always baked a persimmon cake for both of them every Sunday. He didn't realized the tear escaped from his eyes while staring at the cake, he stay quitely as he didn't join the conversation of his father and their guest which is his cousin. The emperor noticed his son.

"My prince, are you alright? Don't you like the food?" His voice pulled Jin out from his thoughts, he looked up and saw his father and cousin's face looking at him, concern was written on their face.

"I-i'm fine and the food is delicious. Don't worry." He fake a smile and eat his food and then glanced at the cake. His father followed his gaze and noticed the persimmon cake, he finally understand why his son's face saddened, it reminds him too of his wife.

"Oh. Well, then let's eat. So, how's your study in Spain?" Just like his son he fake a smile too and asked his nephew to change the topic.

"It's great, I have so many friends there. Mmm, this cake is delicious." His cousin eyes sparks after tasting the persimmon cake that caught his attention. The emperor chuckled. Jin just stayed in silence while eating his food. He glanced again at the cake, it's been years since his mother died due to an unexplainable illness, he missed her so much. He put a slice of the cake on his plate and tasted it which surprised him again, it's really similar to his mother's persimmon cake, he bit his inner cheek as he's trying to hold back his tears. After dinner, the emperor invited all the emperial workers to watch the traditional performance at the center aisle of the palace, it is a performance to welcome the guest. The emperial family and all the emperial workers enjoyed watching the show, Jin's cousin excused himself telling that he left his phone at the dining table, he walked back to the east wing.

"There you are." He mumbled as he get his phone on the table, the maids just started to clean the table, they bowed as a respect for the prince, he smiled at them and was about to head back when he saw some remaining slice of persimmon cake. He got curious if who made the cake.

"Um, excuse me." He call the maid who's picking up the dishes.

"Yes your highness?"

"Who made this cake?" He pointed at the cake with a smile on his face.

"It's Miss Han, your highness." The maid answered and his eyes widen a bit.

"Miss Han? So, she's not one of the maids?" He asked with a surprised look.

"She's actually Prince Seokjin's special guest here, she insisted to help us cooking the foods and made that persimmon cake all by herself, your highness." His eyes sparks in amazement after hearing the maid's answer, he was impressed at this girl's kindness called 'Miss Han'.

"Wow, such a kind guest. Where is she?" He asked her.

"She's at the royal kitchen, your highness."

"Thanks." He hurriedly went to the royal kitchen, he don't know but there's this feeling of excitement inside of him, he carefully opened the door and there he saw you back facing him as you were busy designing your cake. You heard a faint footstep sound as he walked slowly to you which made you turn around and face an unfamiliar handsome guy wearing a whole white suit standing close to you. He looks more like an angel at his attire.

"Oh, um...w-who are you?" You gasped as you were surprised at him, you stepped back as you asked him.

"Are you Miss Han?" He ignored your question and asked you while softly staring at you as he was amazed by your natural beauty.

"I am, who are you?" You asked again, he didn't answer and just  stared at you. You looked away as you started to feel nervous at his behavior which he noticed it. He doesn't want to scare you...he just can't help himself not to stare at you.

"Oh, i'm sorry. Hi, I'm Prince Jimin...Prince Seokjin's cousin." He said which made your eyes widen and quickly bowed at him.

"Oh my god i'm sorry, Prince Jimin. Um, do you need something?" You asked him, keeping your head low and just looked down to the floor, he walked closer to you and put his thumb and index finger below your chin as he lift up your head to look at him, you quickly diverted your gaze away the moment your eyes meet each other.

"I came to see the person who made the cake." He said.

"I-i'm sorry if the cake doesn't taste good--" he cutted off your words by lightly pressing his index finger on your lips.

"It doesn't taste good...because it's amazingly delicious." He said and removed his index finger on your lips. You really felt awkward in front of him. God please help and teleport me to somewhere, this Prince Jimin is weird. You thought and stepped back.

"Um, thanks, your highness." You quietly said.

"What's your name?"

"My name is Y/n. Han Y/n, your highness." You said and was surprised again when he holds your right hand.

"Well, Han Y/n...nice to meet you." He said and planted a kiss on your knuckle. You blushed and gently pulled your hand away from him. You didn't say anything and just bowed at him. He smiled at you before he left the kitchen.

You let out a deep sigh and wiped the sweat on your forehead.

"He's Jin's cousin? " You mumbled and shrugged off any of your thoughts as you picked up the cake and head outside to your halmoni's room.