Awkward graditute

Winter awoke to the sound of dragons laughing. The night had been long and dreamless for him, and he felt better rested now. Looking for the reason he woke up, Winter lifted his head. Students were already up and chattering already, clearly not respecting others who might be sleeping!

Qibli was still sleeping, his freckled snout was rested on his talons. Now that Qibli wasn't awake, Winter could look at him properly. He had sand-yellow scales and various freckles, he had a zig-zagging scar on his snout, and a unique looking earring in his left(?) ear. Interesting choice of fashion there.

He looks kinda cute when he's asleep... WAIT WHAT?! WHY AM I THINKING THAT? GET IT TOGETHER WINTER!

He stirred in his sleep. Act cool just in case he wakes up, you totally weren't stalking him. Yeah.

Qibli murmured something in his sleep. He must be dreaming.

Winter was left in the awkward situation. Should I wake him up? What if it's a nightmare? Would he thank me? Or hate me? Just wait and see if he needs help...

He wriggled. He murmured and he seemed to get more anxious by the minute.

"I'm s-sorry."

That was the breaking point, before Winter could think of why he was doing this, or why the sandwing was 'sorry', Winter was jumping off his ledge and rushing over to Qibli.

"Qibli!"

With no response, Winter put his talons on Qibli's warm scales, and shook him. "Qibli, wake up!"

The sandwing opened his eyes and looked up at winter. "Why..?" He asked groggily.

Why? WHY?! SERIOUSLY DO YOU HAVE NO GRATITUDE?

After winter calmed down he said in a rather snarky way, "you were having a nightmare"

"Oh, um thanks"

Winter realised that he was still touching the sandwing and he also realised the comfortable aurora of their two different temperatures, and missed it when he pulled his talons back.

The sound of the three gongs echoed through their cave.

"Time for class, sand snorter"

—————————————————————

Not very long but it could be shorter.

Have a nice day/night/afternoon/morning.... you get the point..

Goodbye and see you soon.

-thelonewolf