Long Chapter

"I may need a boost," Marina scratches her back and looks up at the tall gate. Ace copies her actions and nods.

"I can give ya one," he gets down on the floor and cups his hands. Of course because of Marina's shortness, Ace has to help her with these kinds of actions all the time.

"Thanks, buddy," she says and jumps on Aces hands (I don't know how to word this out without making it sound painful.)

She flawlessly glides up like a dove and hangs onto one of the poles of the gate. The sight above was not too ugly and not to nice, but just right. The 2 am sky gloomily illuminates a little with the bright moon shining above. Marina secretly enjoys the scene and she lets the cold wind blow.

Clanging of the metal gates sound and catches Marina's attention. Ace is seen struggling to get up the obstacle and huffs can be heard from his mouth.

"Oh! Sorry, man," the woman squeaks and holds her hand out. Ace grabs it and pulls his body up and causing a synchronized pulling of arms. They both pull and ignore the major discomfort of the baggy uniforms and keep trying.

Soon, Ace makes it to the top and jumps down. Marina follows and t she pull Ace with her. They both quickly run away and forget the prison forever.

Next day Y/n's POV

"Hey, y/n," 2D sits next to me on the couch. He looks into my big e/c orbs with sympathy engraved in his white eyes. "Is everything ok?"

"No," I sighs and rub my forehead. "Kong Studios feels different without Ace."

2D sits back and rubs his chin for a second. Then he nods and rests his head back on the head part.

"Y'know, that's how I feel about now too. Especially with Murdoc," he says sympathetically.

"Who's Murdoc?" I ask. 2D raises his eyebrows in surprise and looks at me like I'm stupid. "Whoever he is, he must be one of your best friends."

"Well yes but not exactly," he shrugs. He runs his fingers through his azure hair. The air was feeling dull today; all of us just lying on the couch fanning ourselves. And it smells like sweat.

It feels lonely without Ace. Actually, without Ace AND the Hotshot Bullets.

Knock knock!

"I'll get it," 2D groans and walks to the door like a zombie. Something bangs agains the floor when he opens the door. Quiet babbling echoes in the halls and I get impatient.

Thumping is heard in the stairs and 2D comes in the living room. Everyone stays silent as he approaches me.

"Who was that?" I ask nervously. My voice quivered.

"Go take a look, luv," he sits down and crookedly smiles at the band. Without hesitation, I sprint down the halls and to the door. No one is there but my amplifier.

Which means...

"Ello, doll face! Did ya miss me?" A voice calls me. I snap my head back to see who called me. A tall man in a prison uniform towers over with his hands spread wide open.

"ACEY!!!" I run into his arms hold him tightly like he's the only thing I have in my life. He hugs me tight too and I treasure every moment of the reunion. Some tears well up in my eyes but I try to hold them in. The band walks in the hall and watch us.

"Y/n, I missed you so much!!!" Ace pulls away and looks into my eyes. His shades block his eyes but he's so happy I can see his eyes beaming up.

"I missed you more!" I run my fingers over his uniform. We giggle like 5 year olds and the band makes an 'awwwww' noise. Ace suddenly gives me a soft and rich kiss on my forehead and keeps me in his arms.

"I always wanted to do that to you ever since I met you," he strokes my hair slowly and makes me face him. "And maybe something else. But I'm afraid you won't like it."

"Of course I would like it!" I exclaim.

"Even when he almost got you killed at 711?" A female voice chuckles behind Ace. I look back to see the same shirt brunette holding a finger up to her chin with a huge grin on.

"Marina!" I hugs her tightly. "Thank you so much! He could've not made it out without you!!!"

"Ey, no prob, sis," she says and hugs me back. "Plus Ace got a special something for you."

"And what is that?" I turn around to Ace and he gulps in nervousness. Marina motions him to do something and he walks towards me.

Before I knew it, he presses his smokey lips on mine. Everyone squeals and I pull Ace deeper in the kiss. Who knew this could be such a beautiful experience?

"Y/n, I loved you since I first talked to you," Ace pulls away and runs a finger over my cheek.

"I-is... is that why you and Russel..."

"What?"

"Is that why you and Russel had that private talk when we first met?" I try to hold my laughter. It's not a mocking laughter, it's a laugh when something cute happens. (idk how to say it but I hope you understand).

"Yep," Russel says with no emotion.

"Awwww, Acey. That's so cute!" I pinch his rosy cheek and he grins playfully. Marina giggles and walks over to the living room.

"Woah!" She sees our instruments scattered everywhere. I grab my amplifier and walk to my spot on the couch. "Whatever you guys are working on, you must've been working hard!"

"Yeah my band and Ace's band are doing a collab," I plug my bass guitar cord to the amplifier. Ace sits next to me and plugs his in too. "You can stay here. My band is gonna come later."

"Alright!" Marina sits on the floor. And so we wait for the others.

And holy moly I can't believe Ace kissed me!!!