are you drunk?

ship; gream
warnings; mention of alcohol, flirting

-

clay tipped his bead back as he let out a sigh as he rubbed his eyes, groaning. he had been editing this video for hours, starting at 7pm, and as he glanced at the time on his computer, he read 11:o9pm. the urge to go to bed was so strong, yet he refused to let his droopy eyes close for longer than a second.

"back to work," clay thought as he straightened up in his chair, dipping his head down to better focus on the screen. as he grabbed his mouse and began to get back to work at cutting out unnecessary clips and adding music, his phone rang. he glanced over at his phone through his peripheral vision. george's name flashed across the screen. it was unusual that george called him over the actual phone, usually they spoke on discord. nonetheless, he answered. "what's up?"

"are you still awake?" george asked.

"what?" clay responded.

"are you still awake?" george repeated. his words were slurred, but it was barely noticeable.

"are you drunk?" clay retorted as he set his phone down on his desk, turning speaker on. george giggled from the other line. "hello?"

"i'm not drunk," george said. "i just missed your company." clay laughed.

"you're definitely drunk. you never speak to me like that." he mumbled as he he began editing again.

"i may or may not have had a few drinks." george said. clay's eyebrows scrunched in a confused manner.

"you never drink."

"i just decided to let loose tonight," george said. "what are youuu doing?"

"editing."

"why aren't you in bed?" george asked. "and why are we not in bed together?" he said, followed by a fit of laughter. clay blushed as he he sat back in his chair.

"you must have had a lot to drink. and, i just told you, i'm editing. i want this video out by tomorrow. i haven't posted in like, three weeks."

"you should just relax clay." clay shuddered at the mention of his name. only dream sounded right at this point.

"you're so drunk." clay said as he scoffed jokingly. "go to bed or something, it's like, 4am there."

"why go to bed when i can talk to you?" george asked as he giggled. "clay.." a blush flushed clay's cheeks and he turned away from his computer, grabbing his phone with him. he stood up before collapsing on his bed, setting the phone on his chest.

"fine. what do you wanna' talk about? i stopped editing for you.." clay said as he glanced at his set up and the video he had abandoned to.. speak to george, even though it felt like flirting.

"what are you wearing?" george asked followed by a giggle. clay could in-vision the toothy smile on george's face.

"i'm wearing pajama pants and a hoodie.. what are you wearing?" clay said. it felt so wrong to speak to george like this.

"i'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt. it's hot tonight." george said. "is it not hot where you are?"

"it's always hot here." clay said.

"you're hot." george said confidently, and like his other sentences, it was followed by giggles.

"shut up," clay said as he rolled his eyes, his cheeks becoming hot again.

"make me." george said. clay could hear the swish of a drink from over the phone.

"i.. i can't." clay said. his stomach became queasy as he thought about what george was referring to.