The Unwritten Rule

"Are you excited for tonight?" asks Anna as we load our backpacks with homework for the weekend.

"Yes. I've had such a crappy week." I answer as I slam my locker shut.

"Tonight will make up for your whole horrible week.Promise."

"So I gave you the money. Have you gotten it yet?"

"Yeah, my brother is home from his student teaching job, so he got it for us." she replies.

I grimace."Don't worry Luce," Anna says as she notices my expression."I made sure he got something you'll like."  I smile gratefully at her, "Thanks."

As we walk out of the school Garrett drapes his arm around Anna's shoulder.

"Hey girlies."

"Hey Gare." Anna says giggling.

"So Garrett, who all did you invite over?" I ask.

"The usual crowd."

"Oh." I mutter and look down.

"Oh..oh not him Luce. I figured you wouldn't want him there."

I look up and Garrett is staring at me gauging my reaction.  I give him a small smile.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'll text you when to come over." Anna calls to me as I hop out her car and go up the walkway. I walk in the house, kick off my shoes, then head towards the kitchen. I look for something to eat as I wonder what I would've done if Garrett had invited Trevor over. I'm really glad he didn't. I just didn't want to deal with him. He was part of the reason for what we're doing tonight. Well, part of my reason anyway.

 Trevor and I were dating,but broke it off last week when he told me he had cheated on me. We were together for four months. When he told me I couldn't believe it. We hadn't talked about it yet, since I'm still mad at him and won't give him the time of day.

I grab a water out of the fridge and a granola bar and head upstairs to my room. I spend most of my time in here. My dad let me redo it last year because he felt guilty for never being home. The walls are a light brown/ tannish color and my comforter is a dark chocolate with different shades of blue circles all over it. There's also tons of pictures on the wall form last summer of me and my friends. Mainly me, Anna, and Garrett with other people thrown into the mix.

I plug in my ipod and lay down onto my bed, starting in on the massive amount of Algebra II homework I was assigned for the weekend.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An hour later I feel my phone vibrate and grab it out of my pocket.

"Come over now.i'm booooored."    -Anna

"Okay.be there in a few."  I text back.

I leap off my bed and go back down to the kitchen. I scribble a quick note to my dad telling him where I'll be when he gets off work, but I doubt he'll even notice my absence. I pull my shoes on and walk over to Anna's. Her house is only a few blocks away and the weather is surprisingly nice today,well, for the end of February anyway.

Their house is quite cute. It's a one story,but they added more bedrooms and space to the back a few years ago. The yard is framed by a short fence and there's flowers on either sides of the front door. The only porblem with it it the Sold sign hammered into the ground.