heavens arena arc ❚ arena ✕ raisa ✕ dance

Start from the beginning

The rattling sound of the wheeled stool caught the blonde's attention again. The girl was back with her key and an odd blush on her cheeks (Eirene tilted an eyebrow at that, amusedly). 

«H-Here you go, sorry for the wait! I really hope you'll enjoy your stay, Miss Raisa!»

Eirene didn't reply, only throwing a half-smirk in her direction, before taking her key and leaving.

She had forgotten about the "alias" she used in the Heavens Arena.

Once she was in her room, she organized her belongings in the wardrobe and bathroom, leaving also a few books on her night table. All that, before throwing herself under the warm water of the bathtub.

«Hm, I wonder which color could I use this time...»

Some time before, when she started to actually be "someone" at the Heavens Arena, she decided to play around a little with her character: "Raisa" was a rather theatrical individual who enjoyed entertaining the audience. Eirene made sure to add little quirks onto her fake persona, such as a passion for changing hair color every match or always ending said match the same way.

She had bought a series of temporary dye chalks to do that. And as stupid as it might have sounded, she enjoyed that little game--it served her well to destress, let out some steam from time to time.

Wrapped in her towel, she left the bathroom and turned on the television in the main room. It was mostly background noise for her, but an enjoyable one as she got dressed and ready to treat her hair. The assassin was debating between bright teal and coral pink, when the announcer voice--or rather, her words--caught her attention.

«And once again, Participant Gon and Participant Killua have scored a one hit K.O.! Moreover, they've reached the 200th floor!»

Eirene turned slowly around, her expression rather surprised as her eyes met the familiar figure of her "little brother" and his friend.

... Well, shit.

What were they doing there? Even accepting the possibility of the little trio of friends "rescuing" Killua from Kukuroo Mountain, what reason would they have to visit the Heavens Arena?

Wait, no. That didn't sound right.

Am I worrying about two kids now? Even if we met... Aah, whatever.

She watched the hour on the top right side of the screen. 19:28.

They would probably have dinner and then proceed up to the 200th floor to check-in.

Eirene was quite sure the two hadn't learned of nen yet, therefore if they went up to the 200th floor, they'd both risk having serious wounds at best and permanent issues at worst. 

The latter case troubled her a bit--Kikyo and Illumi would probably throw a fit and kill everyone present in the building, if Killua became unable to perform assassinations ever again.

She cursed in her mind, jumping on her feet and rushing out of her room.

So much for a relaxed stay.

.

.

.

Once again, her luck must have been depleted a long time ago already.

She couldn't explain otherwise how it was possible not only to find the two children there, but also another problematic element such as Hisoka.

«Oh, what a surprise!»

The familiar, masculine voice of the magician spoke those words with a drawl, making the woman turn around right after changing corridors. She had her En activated, so she knew he was literally on her way, but still.