Chapter 17

(Riley's P.O.V.)

Since mid January, the Hawks have gone 2-11-2. Now it is mid February and they need to start winning again because along with that record the last 10 games were 0-9-1. 8 of those losses were on a losing streak that is still happening. They were number 3 in the central division, now they are two spots away from a wild card spot. 

But today is an exciting day. I just got my sling off and I was going to surprise Jonathan after practice. I got to the U.C. after they were all done and grabbed my skates from the back. I got down to the locker room and knocked on the door. Sharpie yelled that it was good for me to come in. I walk in and all the guys were surprise.

"You got your sling off." Kaner said.

"Yep, where's Jonathan?" I asked.

"In the shower."

"Cool, tell him to come out to the ice when he is done. Also can I have a stick and couple pucks."

"Sure, you need a goalie as well?" Crawford asked.

"If you want to come out then sure."

Hossa handed me a stick and told me there were pucks on the bench. I thanked him and went to the bench to put my skates on. I stepped out onto the ice and almost fell. I skated a couple laps. Then Crawford came out on the ice and took shots at him until I heard some yelling at me. I turn around to see Jonathan smiling. I raced over to him and hugged him.