Solve the Problem

Start from the beginning

"Lei..." Faye spoke softly.

"Relax," I spoke as I looked for what we were going to eat. I smiled as I found the perfect boxed breakfast for the both of us and a bottle of chocolate milk. I walked the both of us over to the register. I reached over into my coat pocket on Faye's opposite side to take my phone and paid for the meal before heading towards the exit.

"People are staring," she spoke once again.

"Let them stare," I said monotone. "We're friends after all, aren't we?" I looked down at her to see whether she showed any indication of memory from Saturday evening. She looked straight ahead and lightly agreed with me after a pausing moment.

Faye Calinao

"What's happened to you?" Ximen asked as I walked into business theory class I shared with Lei, Meizuo, Ximen, and... Daoming Si. Meizuo looked up from his phone and his eyes widened slightly and confusion was apparent for a moment before looking between Lei and I. I looked towards Lei wondering what he wanted to say. Like usual, he gave nothing away.

"She's a very clumsy girl," Lei answered.

"Are you alright? Why haven't you answered my texts all day? I could have gone back to the house to get you some clothes." I looked down towards the table. If I couldn't feel any down than I have today, I was wrong. When I thought Lei was trying to be a gentleman and lend me his coat, he had the idea of making people in the cafeteria question our relationship then ask me like it wasn't a big deal seeing if I remembered anything from Saturday evening.

He happened to grab a breakfast box where it happened I was allergic to the pineapple and the surrounding food may have possibly touched the pineapple juice and I did not want to risk a reaction to happen in music theory class. Lei was paying more attention to the class. He did not realize I did not take anything.

"I think I may have left it at home," I shrugged. How would I ever get my phone back from the one and only Daoming Si? "Sorry, I'm really out of it today." I was now starving seeing as it was a bit past noon time, but Lei, and I had back to back classes before a rehearsal and coming straight here.

"Ah okay. That's alright. I wanted to tell you that our friend Jing will be here after class and I want you to meet her." I looked up to see the Ximen and Meizuo smiling. "I've told her much about you and she's excited to meet you." I tried to put on a smile for Ximen and nod as I took a seat beside him.

That is the name that makes Lei happy. I took a glance towards him to see him still standing. He had this smiling look on his face and I looked away taking out my notebook for the class.

"I bet Lei here is very excited to see her. That's why he's probably in a better mood today." He is in a better mood, because he continues to make me the center of attention, but at the same time make people think we're dating, while reminding me that I shouldn't remember anything from Saturday. I heard a humming response from Lei and I kept my eyes glued towards the table.

"Wei!" I jumped slightly from the sudden outburst and turned to see a frowning Si looking down at me. "What are you doing in my seat."

"Ah Si!" Ximen hushed him.

"Why are you shushing me?! She's in my seat!" There's a few of our classmates looking in our direction.

"Let her sit there for today," I heard Meizuo from behind. "Can't you be nice to Faye?" I began packing my things.

"Faye," I heard Ximen say from beside. I looked towards him and smiled slightly. Inside I was doing my best to remain calm and not panic or burst into tears. "It's alright, you can sit there if you would like."