Arthur X Reader - Rescued

Start from the beginning

"Y/N, if you don't mind me saying, I think you're very pretty, despite having been locked in a cage," Arthur blushed. You couldn't see because you were sitting in front of him, but he definitely blushed and so did you.

"Well, that's very kind of you, Mr Morgan," you suppress a large smile from spreading across your face.

"Call me Arthur," he grinned.

Despite just having to have been rescued from a bunch of inbred murderers who killed your brother, you were having quite a good time with Arthur Morgan. He was good company.

"We're getting near, just down there," you pointed as you approached the small town of Annesburg. "I live in the miners houses. My brother is a..." your voice wobbled. "Was a miner."

Arthur noticed your change in tone when you mentioned your brother. "What happened out there, Y/N," Arthur questioned quietly, slowing down his horse as you trotted down the street.

"We were going to visit some relatives who live in the woods, me and my brother. Killed him, they did. Then they locked me up. They killed another woman who was in the cage with me.....she was just married, had a baby at home. I wish I could have done something more to help her," you voice shrunk to a whisper as you told Arthur the rest of the events of the Beaver Hollow cave, while he hitches his horse and nods his head.

"That's my house there," you gesture towards a small grey house tucked away behind another clump of homes.

"I guess this is goodbye, then, Miss Y/N," Arthur hesitated as he leaned forward to shake your hand.

You laugh and lean forward and kiss him on the cheek. "Goodbye, Arthur. Thank you, again. You saved my life," you grin and walk into your house, watching him through your window.

Flopping onto your bed, you stare at the ceiling, one thought on your mind, as you fall into slumber. Arthur.

———————————

Two days later, you're walking down the main street of Annesburg, heading towards the post office when you hear a voice call your name. "Y/N!" You feel a tap on your shoulder and you turn around to see the man that had been fluttering around in your dreams.

"Arthur! What are you doing back in Annesburg?"  you exclaim, and then impulsively wrap your arms around his neck, quickly taking them away.

"Oh, I-I'm just passing through, just stopping by to get a....new gun," Arthur mumbled, suddenly shy. Was he flustered?

"Well, we don't have a very good gunsmith, if I'm being honest but it's over that way. I was just going to get the post. I guess you'll be on your way?" You cross your fingers behind your back. You don't quite know why, but you want to keep talking to him.

Arthur doesn't tell you this but he actually came here to try and see you again, not to get a new gun. "Well, if the gunsmith isn't good, I should probably not get a new gun then," he laughed and cursed himself inside his head. What kind of a shit excuse was that?

"You might as well accompany me, then," you laugh, gesturing for Arthur to link arms with
you. You're not stupid, you've figured out Arthur's "plan". "So where are you staying at the moment, if you and your people are staying anywhere?" You question as you walk down the street.

"M-my people?"

"I'm not an idiot, Arthur, I can tell you're in some kind of gang or something like that," You say casually.

"And you ain't bothered by that?" Arthur turned to look at your face.

"Look, I've done my far share of illegal business, and I can tell when someone hasn't got a squeaky clean. Also you killed a heap of those men back at that cave. If you could call them men...." you say, shuddering.