Charles X Reader - Instead Of Him Pt.2

hi a part 2 was requested so here we are :) please feel free to request literally anything you want

You heart was pounding. It had been years since you had even thought about Dutch Van Der Linde. You had married Charles and now had a beautiful son and daughter. But now, this.

You slowly opened the letter addressed to you.

Dear Y/N,
I know we have not had contact in many years and I made the assumption that you and Charles Smith must have left together on that night where you chose to leave. I now have reason to believe that you are residing in Canada. Luckily, I have a job in Canada in a few weeks and can come and pick you up. The gang has somewhat shrunk since the last time we were together, so it will just be me and Micah.

Yours sincerely,
Dutch

Your eyes widened as you realised what was happening. Dutch was going to try and find you. You couldn't tell Charles, he was already
stressed out with trying to find honest work and you didn't want to put any more pressure on him. What were you to do?

You checked the date on the letter and you almost passed out. The letter was sent a few weeks ago. Did that mean that he would be here any day now?

As if by magic, you heard a whinny of a horse outside. "Shit, shit, shit," you muttered to yourself. Charles was out hunting with your children so you were here alone. You peered out the window, locking eyes with the man you were most afraid of.

"Well, well, well, if it ain't Miss L/N," Dutch called out to you.

"Clear out of here, Dutch," you try to say confidently but it comes out no more than a whisper. You walk to the front door, stepping out onto the porch.

"It's been long, Y/N, too long," the man cackled, looking you up and down.

"I don't want nothing to do with you anymore, so get out of here." you gulped, noticing Charles and your children in a carriage in the distance. Dutch looks to where your eyes have drifted and his face turns stormy.

"I should have known," he says darkly, "that you would run off with the first man who laid eyes on you, Y/N L/N. You're nothing but a two timing whore." he spits, hopping aboard his horse and picking up the pace as he zooms past Charles' carriage.

The floor wobbles and your head starts to spin. All of a sudden, you're out cold.

——————————————

"Y/N, wake up" you hear the voice of Charles whisper in your ear. "You passed out."

"What... I... Charles, did you see who rode past, it was Dutch....I don't know what to do and I-"

"Woah, calm down. Dutch may have came looking for you but you're safe here. I'm never going to let anything happen to you, I swear. I love you, Y/N."

and they all lived happily ever after because aurelia couldn't be bothered to write anymore