Chapter Fourteen

Blake Lawson's Point of View

I snuggled closer to the person who was beside me. I'm pretty sure it was Victoria so I whispered something to her. Where did she come from? I wasn't sure, but I was glad to have her in my arms again.

"Hm, I've missed you." I snuggled closer to her and felt her tense up. She poked my side and called out my name but I didn't want to wake up yet. I cuddled close and put our foreheads together. I knew she would probably kiss me to wake me up so I waited for it. And after a few minutes, I felt her trying to squirm away again. When I realized she was persistent in getting up, I pulled back and groaned as I stretched. I heard her get up and leave the room before I heard a door shut.

I decided to open my eyes as I looked around. I smacked my lips together before looking at the ceiling. I frowned as I looked at the window. This doesn't look like my room... Or Victoria's room. I quickly sat up and looked around. I looked at the bookshelf by the window and the dresser in front of the bed.

If this isn't Victoria's room, then who's bed am I laying?

Sophia.

Shit, fuck, shit, fuck, shit, shit. Was I cuddling with Sophia? Was she awake? Did she realize what I was doing? Did she hear what I said? Did she think I was talking about her? What would she say? 

Shit.

I quickly got up from the bed but steadied myself as I felt a rush go to my head. I slowly walked into the kitchen and paused when I didn't see her. Where was she? I walked over to the living room and sat on the couch. I looked at the blank TV in front of me and I remembered last night.

I lightly chuckled as Humpty, Kitty Soft Paws, and Puss started talking in a higher voice. I've watched this show so many times but it just seemed funnier today, despite my heartache. I suddenly felt someone lay on my shoulder. I tensed up as I looked to the left of me and saw Sophia. Her hair was in her face and I heard her breathing softly as she slept on my shoulder. 

I carefully picked her up before sliding next to her. I put my arm around her and let her slowly fall onto my side. She hummed before cuddling against me. I slowly brushed her hair behind her ear. Her lips were slightly parted as she slept peacefully. I lowered the TV volume and continued to watch the rest of the movie. I wasn't able to focus too well though, I kept looking at Sophia every time she moved. Which wasn't a lot but every time I looked at her, I couldn't look away. Why? I wasn't really sure. I was still hurting over Victoria, she could just be a rebound.

Was it because of how she was generally attractive? Was it because her hair looked like Victoria's as it flowed so easily? Or was it because of the way her lips were slightly parted like Victoria's when she would sleep with me? Did I have feelings for her? No. That wouldn't make any sense, I still love Victoria. Right? I mean, she just broke up with me. I must still be trying to get over her. Right?

So how come I kept comparing her to Victoria? How come I trusted her so much?

I sighed as I looked at the TV screen. I saw that the credits were rolling so I carefully reached for the remote to shut it off. I looked back at Sophia to see her sleeping peacefully. I slowly got up and looked down at her. Should I leave her on the couch? She looked really uncomfortable. Maybe I should carry her to her bed. I hesitantly pent down and put my hands and arms under her body before picking her up bridal style.

She was lightly compared to anything else I've lifted. She stirred in her sleep and snuggle against my chest so that made me pause. Once she had settled again, I continued to carry her to her room. As I entered the room, I turned on the light while trying not to wake her up. I walked over to her bed and carefully set her down. I pulled back the blankets and carefully moved her legs so I could cover her up. I took her glasses off and set them by her little table. She stirred in her sleep once more and lifted her arms above the blanket. I glanced at one of her wrists that were lying next to her head. I saw the slightest little mark that looked like a scar.