Chapter 4

Zavia POV

"What about you?"
I asked.

"I've had enough sleep to last me a week. Anyway I have work to do."
Ayesha said and made her way upstairs to her room with me quietly following Behind.

I entered my room and saw Maya laying on the bed just staring at the ceiling.

"She's working again. "
I said walking towards my bed.

"Again?"
Maya questioned. Immediately sitting up.

I nod.

"No. She has to rest. This can be harmful for her health. Why doesn't she listen, huh? All she ever does is work..."
Maya started with her rant.

Ayesha and I grew up together and even then she used to do her best so that I could to live comfortably, without having to work or worry about money. We are orphans. All three of us. Even though we are not related Ayesha took me under her wing after my parents passed away in a car accident and I was sent to the orphanage.

One day Ayesha and I were going to the grocery store when we found Maya getting bullied in the streets. We saved her from the bullies and since then she was by our side.

I sighed.

"Just go to sleep. I am setting up an alarm for 2 hours later."
I said while laying down on my bed.

She sighed.

"Okay then make sure to wake me up."
She said as she layed down again.

_______________________________

Ayesha POV.

I entered my room and changed into something comfortable.

I then took out some documents from my briefcase. Placing my reading glasses on my nose I started reviewing the documents and signing where I had to.

After some time I heard a knock on my door. I shifted my glasses on my head and stood up, making my way to the door. I opened the door to see Maya standing there. She looked at the glasses on top of my head and frowned.

"It's been two hours you know?"
She asked.

I nodded.

It's been two hours already? Damn.

"Come down. I'm going to make something to eat."
She said then turned to go down.

I closed my door and went to my desk. All the documents were scattered. I started to sort them out.

After successfully sorting them out I went down stairs. Maya was humming and dancing around the kitchen making eggs while Zavia was sitting at the counter reading a book.

I went and sat down next to Zavia. She looked up at me and smiled then turned to her book again as I sat there in silence.

After waiting for my food for about two minutes I got bored so I took out my phone and started to go through the work related E-mails. I scrolled through all of them, reading each and every word while making mental notes and deciding upon how to respond to them.
While doing so I got a text from an unknown number. I hesitated a bit but finally opened it to see what it was, you never know it might be work related or something important.

_Baby, I miss u. Pls talk to me. I wanna meet u._

I groaned and almost slammed my head on the counter.

"What happened?"
Zavia asked as she kept her book aside and turned to face me while Maya came and stood beside me.

I showed them the message, still keeping my head on the counter.

"Didn't you block his number last time?"
Maya inquired.

"Yup I remember she did block him. Oh poor Ayesha."
Zavia cooed with a smirk on her face matching Maya's expression.

I glared at both of them.

"Will you guys shut up?! "
I exclaimed.

"Oh my poor baby! "
Zavia cooed again which started Maya's hysterical laughter.

"Who's a poor baby?"

We all jumped as a voice came from behind us.
We all turned to see V standing there, ruffling his hair then looking back at us with wide curious eyes.

"Uhhh..... Nobody! No one's a poor baby! Hehehe he he... "
I spoke out awkwardly, scratching the back of my neck.

V pouted and cutely asked again.
"Who's a poor baby? Tell me! Please!"

Right then my phone dinged with a new message

_Ayesha I know you've read this. Don't ignore me._

I sighed as I read the message. Maya and Zavia peeked in my phone and shook their heads with amused smiles on their faces. V came over to stand in front of me to take a look too but I switched off my phone before he could see anything.

"Oh come on.. Even I wanna see. Show it to me too. Pleaasseeee."
V cutely pleaded looking up at me with puppy eyes making my heart melt.

I closed my eyes and took  deep breath. Have some control Ayesha. Don't give into his heart melting cuteness.

--------------------------------------------------

So, let me know what you think of that.

Please tell me if there are any errors.

Love.Love.Love.❤💜
Your author,
TheNightQueen