𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐡

Nineteenth
:Chapter Nineteen:

Within those few days between the horrid dinner-date and the rivalry game, much hadn't changed.

Hoseok had talked to Taehyung about it and got his side of the story, feeling as this was one of the only times Taehyung could ever be considered 'right'.

The younger of the two was embarrassed and had a shirt and pair of pants ruined with grease and oil stains from his food and for no good reason whatsoever.

Jeongguk originally made it a plan to do more when he saw Taehyung but the big game was on its way and he wasn't trying to sit out over something he started anyways.

That didn't mean the two wouldn't still cut throat for different reasons.

The baseball team was in the locker room per usual, all changing and getting ready for today's baseball game again the Lions — their rival.

Sure they had other teams where there were arguments and the game was always on edge but nothing defeated the dispute the Panthers and the Lions had.

It was Jeongguk versus Taehyung in high school team form. Sometimes fights broke out, petty remarks were yelled, smug looks were given. It could be a hell of a game or hell broken out.

It didn't take away from the petty beef between Jeongguk and Taehyung, however. Not at all.

Like always and most, the two were arguing once again, bickering over something that couldn't quite be remembered by the other players. The only thing the team knew was it was going to be awhile before they even zipped their lips.

"You're so on my ass about being a sore loser but you hate me over a game you lost years ago!" Jeongguk yelled, eyes narrowed. "A fucking hypocrite is what you are, Kim!"

Hoseok may or may not have had mentioned how Taehyung was a little salty over a game way back then to Jeongguk.

"It's more than just a loss!" Taehyung argued. "You were so bad at sportsmanship and still are! Rubbing your glory and every home-run in all of our faces! We get it, you can shoot balls in the air like it's noting!"

Hoseok cleared his throat. "Guys, come on, we don't have to fight like babies here. We literally have a game to play."

"He's being the child! Holding a shitty grudge against me!"

"You took the spot you knew I wanted!" Taehyung quipped back, seeing nothing but red. "I told you the first day I met you I was working on being the pitcher! I told you that!

"Not my fault Coach put me in as the pitcher. You should work on your arm anyways, you fucking suck at throwing pitches." Jeongguk stood straight.

Taehyung wanted to argue but it hurt his feelings. He shook his head, breathing heavy. "I fucking hate you." He said with nothing but raging fury.

"Likewise, babes." Jeongguk spat. Hoseok sighed, shaking his head in disappointment.

"You guys can't keep doing this." He said with annoyance. "Especially right before or right after our games. Save the energy for our opponents, not each other." Hoseok added, already feeling a throbbing sensation behind his eyes.

Minji stood and agreed. "Yeah, what happened to putting the team first? About being there for one another no matter what happens?" He asked, picking up his bag and throwing it over one shoulder.

Jeongguk and Taehyung turned their backs to the rest of the team, cleaning up their things to get ready to go. Neither one of them wanted to be lectured on their poor behavior.