Chapter 23: Let's Start This Game

*Misora POV*

"I got this," I hissed lowly inside my head. My fingers flexed around my pen. This will be easy game.

***

My brain felt drained after the two hour exam. "And this is only the start." I sighed bitterly to myself.

"Misora!" An exhausted voice called out.

I turned around to identify the owner, "Oh, Soyoung. How did it go?"

Soyoung caught up to me from behind. "Well... I hope."

I smiled in amusement, "I'm sure you did fine."

Soyoung pouted walking beside me. "You probably did so well that the teachers don't want you to take any more exams so other students get a chance to be number one."

Laughing, I said, "If only."

Soyoung laughed along but her melodious laughter was cut off as someone bumped into her causing her to stumble into me.

Soyoung frowned, rubbing her shoulder. I helped Soyoung right herself as she bowed slightly, muttering a "Sorry," to the person that she had accidently collided with.

The person flicked her chestnut hair over her shoulder and scrunched her nose like we were gum stuck to the bottom of her shoe.

"Oi," I glared, "You should apologize as well don't you think?"

Brown eyes flashed, "For what?"

"Are you an idiot? What do you think?"

The girl rolled her eyes and turned to Soyoung, "Sorry, next time don't get in my way you little brat. Like, go get hit by a car, seriously."

Soyoung bristled next to me, "You on your period or something?"

"What would you know. Guys should stay out of girl problems," The girl pretended to take a closer look to Soyoung, "Oh, wait. You're a girl. My mistake."

I saw Soyoung visibly grit her teeth, "Now look here you little..." I drifted from the banter as my mind clouded over. 

My cold demeanor that had thawed over time returned all of a sudden. I know there are people like this everywhere but I always hoped I never had to meet one again.  Soyoung was so nice to the girl, even going as far as to bow but what did she get in return? Nothing.

Now that I come to think of it, my mother was my only world for such a long time that when she passed I felt like I was tittering on the edge of insanity. It was dark, I couldn't see anything. There was nowhere else to go. So I clung to the only thing I felt was real: Kindness is a weakness.

Through clouded eyes I saw a hand raised, ready to strike. I went to grab the wrist but stopped closing the distance midway. Kindness is a weakness, I would be doing no favours for myself if I stop that slap.

Even so, the sound of a slap did not reach my ears.

"Next time you try to hurt me do it properly," the chestnut haired girl smirked before walking away.

Soyoung growled, "Minho! Why did you stop me from giving that little piece of crap a pounding?"

"Look at all the people watching Soyoung, if you got suspended or even expelled at this time of year that would be bad news," a familiar, deep voice said. Minho tapped me lightly on the head, fully snapping me out of my daze, "Man Misora, why didn't you stop Soyoung?"

"I believe I was the one who started the fight," I said softly, "You shouldn't blame Soyoung." I looked in the direction in which the girl had walked away, "I think that girl deserved it anyway."