Chapter 7: The 3rd of September

*Ren POV*

I hummed Orange Caramel’s, song ‘Lipstick’ as I rummaged through the cupboard in search of a snack. Baekho hyung was on his phone, laughing every now and then. Minhyun hyung was watching our last week’s performance on the laptop. Aron hyung was wandering around randomly, peeking over Minhyun’s  or Baekho’s shoulder from time to time. A knock sounded on the door and our heads all swivelled to the noise simultaneously. Then we all looked at each other. No, not actually. We all looked at Aron.

“I’ll get it,” Aron hyung sighed jogging lightly to the door muttering something about lazy dongsaengs.

“Sorry for just dropping in on you guys like this,” I heard a familiar voice say a while after the door clicked open. Abandoning my snack search, I poked my head around the corner expecting the someone I was always glad to see.

“It’s fine,” Aron hyung smiled, “We weren’t doing anything anyway.”

“I see,” Misora smiled back. “I only wanted to see how you guys were getting on.” Her twinkling, verdant green eyes met mine as she grinned and said, “Yo Ren.”

“Misora,” I greeted happily. It was only then that I noticed the guy awkwardly standing behind her. “L sunbae,” my eyes widened in surprise.

Misora scoffed, “Sunbae?”

I pouted indignantly, “He debuted two years before me…”

Misora tried to put on a straight face, “Arraso, I won’t laugh anymore.”

“Yes you will!” I childishly stomped over.

“No I won’t!” Changing the subject, Misora quickly said, “Umma said ‘hi.’”

I wasn’t surprised that Misora had started calling my mother ‘umma.’ I was sure it was going to happen sooner or later. I grinned happily as I said, “Tell her I said ‘hi’ and that I miss her and that I’ll make her very proud.”

“…Yeah… no,” Misora said flicking my forehead.

“Why not?” I rubbed my sore forehead.

“Because it’ll mean more if you go tell her yourself,” Misora said seriously. “Anyway, I just stopped by to say hi to you guys.” Turning to Aron she smiled, “Hi Aron oppa,” and shouting into the dorm she called, “Hi Minhyun! Hi Baekho!”

I heard a weak, “Hi Misora!” and “Hello!” From the two that couldn’t be bothered to come to the door.

“And to see if you were doing all right,” Misora smiled angelically.

“Awh,” I gushed. “That’s sweet of you.” I reached to pat her hair but froze instantly at her innocent yet deadly stare that sent me the message, “You touch; you die.”

“Yeah, never mind then,” I pulled my hand back.

“And now that I see you guys are doing fine, we’re going to leave before L dies of awkwardness,” Misora finished.

“I’m not dying of awkwardness,” L objected.

“Yeah you are,” Misora nodded, looking at him.

“I know I am,” L sulked looking at the floor.

“One thing before you go,” I grabbed Misora’s wrist gently and gestured for her to lean closer. She was hesitant but reluctantly leaned towards me. When she was close enough I whispered into her ear, “When did you and L from Infinite become so buddy-buddy?”

As Misora leaned in to whisper her reply into my ear I caught L’s too obvious, envious stare. I looked over to see if Aron hyung had noticed it too and I got my answer when I saw him smiling cheekily at me.