TWO

| | - those indicate text messages, since I'm already using brackets for your name

⚜️

The greatest illusion in life,
Is freedom.

You were near falling asleep. A few students seemed to share your boredom as Professor Rhodes recited each vocabulary on Quizlet.

"Okay! We finished all 500 words.....I have nothing else to teach, so get out and study!" Everyone rushed out, packing their bags and wishing Rhodes a good day. "Goodbye! Have a good afternoon!"

"Have a good day!" You called.

"You too [Y/N]!" You waited for Senna outside the class. "Goodbye Senna! Goodbye, goodbye!"

"Next class?"

"It's Wednesday. Psych is the only class we have today." You noted.

"Oh right!"

"So where are we going to eat?"

"We have to meet up with Hudson and Ace."

"Where's the astronomy building?" You asked. Senna guided you through the busy street of New York City, weaving through pedestrians and bikers. You could smell the temptation from food trucks, but you quickly found yourself at the astronomy building. "Oh! The cosmology center. Pft, I knew that." Senna raised a brow at you and waited until the students exited the building. Hudson and Ace practically ran towards them, jumping with excitement.

"What are you guys so excited for?" You asked. Hudson practically shoved a paper into your face. "The Northern Lights and Stargazing Trip?"

"Yeah! We're going to Iceland for a field trip! We're going to see the northern lights and Milky Way!" Hudson screamed. Your mouth hung open.

"Lucky! Can I come?"

"Sorry. Cosmology and photography students only."

"Dammit." You sighed. "Next time. Have you guys decided where we're going to eat?"

"Kind of? Does Chinese food sound good?" Ace suggested. "Or do you want something from the food trucks?"

"Food trucks." Three said in unison.

"Okay, food truck it is." They all found a popular and cheap truck. You stared at the menu, your mouth watering from the smell and pictures. The man took your order and money, and you eagerly waited with your friends for the food.

"Thank you!" You exclaimed, taking the plastic platter from the man. The smell of cooked rice and toppings filled your nose as your friends peered at your order.

"Oooh, that looks good!"

"I know!" You wolfed the entire platter instantaneously.

"So are we eating food truck food from now on, until we get sick of it?" Ace asked.

"Yup."

"I can work with that."

"Homework at my place?" You asked. "I mean....we're all heading to my place anyways." You finished your lunch and made sure every rice was in your mouth. The entire platter glistened in the sunlight. You enjoyed the park as the rest of your friend continued eating their lunch.

"Alright, let's go. I want to get my astronomy homework over with." Hudson declared. "Ace, I'll pay for your field trip."

"Seriously? Thank you so much!" Ace hugged Hudson, while you and Senna stared at Hudson with your mouths hanging open.

"Damn, how much is the trip?" You asked.

"About $1,000. But that's fairly cheap if airplane tickets, hotel and meals are included." Hudson shrugged. "If you want, I could pay for your rents too...."

"Heh, it's okay." You shrugged. "I'm not in debt, besides, I have a job. But thank you, you're really generous."

"I'll pay for dinner." He insisted. "What do you guys want?"

"Let's finish homework and then celebrate." Senna planned. You gave Senna your keys to your apartment as you headed for work.

"[Y/N], do you think you could work overtime?" Your manager requested. "I'm sorry, someone isn't coming in. I'll pay you double your paycheck."

"Okay. Could I let my friends know?"

"Absolutely." He nodded as you sent a quick text to Senna that you would be late. You quickly turned off your phone before a reply came in, managing the clothes and taking payment from customers. The sun quickly set and you hadn't noticed it was 10:00 pm. "As promised." Your manager handed you double your average payment.

"Thank you!"

"Have a goodnight [Y/N]!"

"You too!" You made your way back home and checked your phone. Senna sent multiple text messages.

| I finished psych homework. You can copy if you want |

| Hudson bought us Italian food, we left some spaghetti for you |

| A bit difficult but I gave Emerson food....I don't know how you do it |

| goodnight |

You arrived home to see Senna and Ace set their sleeping bags on the living room floor. You greeted Emerson-your snake-who flicked their tongue out in a greeting. Well, you think. As promised, there was leftover spaghetti and Senna's homework on the table. Bringing them to your room, you paraphrased and added in your own information while savoring the spaghetti. It was cold, but you were scared to wake up your friends. In the meantime, you quickly transferred your paycheck into your bank account, a bit satisfied as the money was added in. To spend the rest of the night, you reviewed the 500 vocabulary words to make sure you didn't forget.

⚜️

I don't know if she's active, but my cover is by Mulan-Fa (please go follow/ check out her work!)